Car subs in a home system?

Zackster

Alabama
I've got a couple really nice retro Cerwin-Vega AT-12 3-ways but sadly, the cones on the subs are falling apart and just don't sound good anymore... I was just wondering if I could put a couple pioneer TS-W303R 12s in as a replacement for both? the rms rating on the pioneers is 250w and the rms on the cerwins are 400. Would this work? I desperately need some low-end...

Is it the foam on vegas that need attention?If so refoaming is super easy. Dont toss those woofers, just for pure resale value.Most people have a soft spot for these old vega's. I love my dx9s. Not the best sounding speakers but they do get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.