cdt's blow?

wal1885
10+ year member

atlanta
Ok I know you guys rave about cdt's and how good they are. I figure if all of these people like them then they cant be that bad. Now I am not bashing them it could be the way I have them installed but I doubt it. I have just the tweeters hooked up irhgt now and with my amp right before it cuts off I cant even hear the tweeters play. I can hear sound come out of it but it is VERY quiet. Yet when I hook up the midbass it plays fine. Are the tweeters that come with the cdt cl-61 that pathetic? Please help if you can thanks

if you hooked the tweeters up through the crossover it will only be playing the frequencies that are sent to it because of the crossover setting. it may be that the music you are playing doesnt have a lot of the frequencies that the crossover is telling the tweeter to play. i have never JUST hooked up tweeters before so i could be way off. you say "right before it cuts off" what exacly does that mean? unless your turning off the amp physicaly, it would seem to me that it wasnt installed correctly.

no one knows anything about these now? Because as of right now my stock system sounds better

why is everyone so impatient? just because you ask a question doesn't mean someone's going to answer it right away! try waiting more than an hour for a repsonse next time, before assuming "no one knows about" your gear.

abe m.

something has to be up with your install. cdt tweeters are the best tweeters i have ever heard. they are plenty loud. are your wires hooked up right in the crossover? is the crossover on your amp right? it has to be the way you installed it because those tweeters should scream go double check all your settings on you amp head unit and crossover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.