Cheap amp for 15" Magnum D2

BoominEclipse
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
I'm looking for a temporary amp to give me good power to the D2 15" when I get it. Also going on a smaller budget for the amp.

What's a good cheap amp to power one of these guys. The cheaper the better. I'd like to stay under $300. Also don't buy from Ebay so one of the retailers online.

Thanks

Hmm if they are dual 2 ohm voice coils as im sure they are. Then you could easily get a 2 channel amp such as a Profile CA or CL 1200 off of http://www.thezeb.com for like 200 or a little more. I know they are around that price for the both of them but with these you could wire the sub's vc's in series to 4 ohms and bridge the amp or you could get a smaller two channel Profile amplifier and bridge it as well. All you have to do is find the amp that puts out the power you want at 4 ohms bridged.

why pair a great sub with a shitty amp? why not work for two weeks until the mags get here and get a **** good amp so you have twice the setup? your choice though, i'd say hifonics is calling your name, cheap, decent amps.

Ahem....are you calling Profile a shitty cheap amp....If you are, I have to tell you that you are sadly mistaken. Profile makes very reliable amplifiers for the money. Ive owned one for almost two years and ive put it through hell and ive never had a problem.

i have a profile cl1200 amp and from my experience with it, i would say that it is a very good amp and i also have experience with a cl600m and that was a great amp no probs wat so ever with it. great budget amps that are reliable and definitely get the job done. I got my cl1200 from millionbuy.com for 180 + shipping

why pair a great sub with a shitty amp? why not work for two weeks until the mags get here and get a **** good amp so you have twice the setup? your choice though, i'd say hifonics is calling your name, cheap, decent amps.
I just want something to pound asap. I'm in the slow process of revamping my car so work on the interior/exterior is where most of my money's going. I don't really want to dump all my money into a system right now because I want the exterior modifications to be done by june. Then I'm going to go for the gold and put it into the system. My amp of choice is US AMPS. That's what will be powering my fronts and sub this summer.

Just need something for now that won't stress the budget to get the D2 going. I'm looking to compete next year. Right now I'm hooked on carbon fiber accessories and it's eating up my cash.

I'll look into the hifonics and the profiles, thanks.

The jbl 1200.1 and bx1500d only differ each other by a couple hundred watts. The jbl usually is bench tested at around 1400w plus the bx1500d has a sub sonic filter. And from what I hear the magnum can take 1500w, plus the best bang for you buck amp is still the bx1500d and you can get it from sound domain authorized with warranty.

well i'd go for something with a little less watts unless you have an upgraded alt or are getting one. perhaps something say 600-900 watts instead of 1000-1500? just a thought. I plan on pairing my 15'' mag with a ppi art series A600. this amp is underrated by about 200 watts so that's perfect IMO. and i dont have to upgrade my alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.