cheap amp shootout!

pj2003
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
which of these amps would be the best and most RELIABLE....

HiFonics ZX 4400....................$193

Profile California CA800..........$115

both put out 600 watts and the prices are off of ikesound.com.which do u think would be the best and would last the longest and cause the fewest problems...

ummm, out of strictly those two i'd def. say the hifonics. Profile california line is decent, kid at school had 1 i installed for him...puked out after bought 4 months. Sent it back and it was promptly fixed. The Clarus line on the other hand is great, people don't think there's a difference. BUT imo they have slightly better build quality, lil more features, and come with 2year warranty. My best friend has had one for 1.5 years w/ no problems. good luck, peace

NG

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53010

just in case u might be interested

i've got a CA800. it's great, been running smooth with no problems. that, and it's considerably cheaper than the Hifonics. i just figured i'd throw in my praise for the CA800, since that's the exact model i'm running. i bump my 2 12s (200wrms each) for a good hour or more, and that amp barely warms up to the touch. it looks pretty good, too.

i'm not sure about the Clarus series being that much better (i think its just the luck of the draw), since i've read a half-dozen posts on here that mention the two series are the same board and components, with different aesthetics and extra bass boost on the CL.

but get either one. i'm sure you'll be pleased.

abe m.

ikesound DOES warranty all of their stuff, but it is through them. The amp they sent me was DOA(kind of shady since the box showed no shipping damage) However they did refund my money (since i decided i wanted to buy buy somwhere else) but i had to pay for shipping back to them (~$22) and they didn't refund what i originally payed for shipping ($30 to get it to me) All-in-all, if you did have a problem it would cost you shipping to them+shipping back to them ($50-60 EACH problem)

Sorry for the wrong post but here is what i would do. Go to sounddomain.com and have them price match thezeb.com for the Zeus (they have it for $269) I got my HiFonics brutus from sounddomain and they pricematched thezeb. Then you get it from an authorized dealer, plus they don't rob you on shipping.

This subject brings back old memories. At one point I was the king of "budget amps."

I've owned so many of them that I don't think I will ever own one again.

Boss, Majestic, Crunch, Sentrek, and Urban audio to name a few.

The first decent amp I owned was a Cobalt 2100.

As far as Profile or Hifonics, I would go with the Hinfonics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.