Check my budget build...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Miatch
10+ year member

I've been studying over this forum trying to soak up everything I can but I still have a lot to learn.

I know everyone says you need to go out and listen but it can hard to find the exact speakers and the time to do it.

So from my reading I found what I think will be a good budget setup. I'm just looking for any feedback you might have.

'98 Civic coupe

Rock, some Jazz SQ before volume

I own PPI-4240 30 watt x 4 and a PPI-2360 360 watt bridged

I found these Phoenix Gold RSD6.5CS 6.5" for $85 for the front stage

and my friend has some Infinity Reference 6.5" for $40 for the rear fill

Then this Phoenix Gold RSDC104 10" for $71 for the sub

Whatchathink?

Should I skip out on the rear fill and run the fronts at 60watts?

Should I just **** it up and buy the ID CTX?

Can I put that sub in a $40 prebuilt box?

Thanks for any help.

not bad...I would say skip the rear fill and just run the front stage amplified. the RSD is only like $60 in a 12 in version on amazon. I picked up 4 of em. The RSD6.5cs are a good buy, i would say stick with those for your front stage. I've never heard the CTXs so i couldn't really compare; but I def. like the RSDs. finally, build your own box or have someone build one 4 you that are right along the specs for this box if you plan on running it ported. If you do it sealed, then a prefab box should do. hope this helps.

If you get the RSDs up front, for sure skip the Infinity for rear. Pick up some RSD coaxs (they are dirt cheap), and will blend in real nice for rear fill. I run the 6" RSD comps, and have 5x7 RSD coax for rear. They sound nice on a budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.