Choosing an amp

Hey, I need an amplifier. I love my Hifonics Colossus Pro 5k, but it took a **** on me. I only got it a year ago. Right now I'm running 2 Pioneer TS-W3003D4s with that amp @ 2 ohms. I am upgrading to 2 Orion HCCA 122s in the near future. I need a good solid efficient amp that will last me and push the HCCAs. I love the clip meter on the bass knob from the Hifonics. I don't see it anywhere else.

Incriminator audio is having a sale until the 23rd look into an IA 10.1 OR A IA 20.1.... Pretty hard to beat at those prices right now!!!!

If you have some cash put back pass on those HCCA's and grab some IA stuff while there on sale!!

Digital designs, incriminator audio, B2 audio, ampere audio

crescendo, soundqubed, DC audio, flatlyne audio are some.

All of the above will make your colossus pro 5k look like a chump in comparison performance and efficiency wise.

My budget is around 1500 for just an amp. For subs, that's around 1500 as well. I was looking at an Orion HCCA5000.1D. It's 5000w rms.

Ideally I'd want to fully meet the rms on the subs, to get the most I can out of them. I was just looking online at different forums and YouTube videos on the Orions I listed above. It seems that they mostly are for SPL and not SQ. That is where the problem lies. I want really good SQ and SPL, if it's possible.

All in all, I basically just want a really good upgrade from my 2 Pioneers and an amp that can drive them. I don't want some off brand that is crap when I could pay a little more and get much more out of either subs or amp.

I was also looking for amps that have a clip LED, like my HiFonics had. I can't seem to find any. I do tune my car with a SMD DD-1, so my subs won't clip unless I really crank it. I like seeing if I am pushing the subs too much, or too little.

Orion is now owned by MD. They are the largest supplier of Pyramid and the bottom of the bottom Lanzar. People are telling you to leave Orion alone for a reason. They have been going down hill for 10 years. They are dead now. Look at the stuff Jeff listed.

My budget is around 1500 for just an amp. For subs, that's around 1500 as well. I was looking at an Orion HCCA5000.1D. It's 5000w rms.
Ideally I'd want to fully meet the rms on the subs, to get the most I can out of them. I was just looking online at different forums and YouTube videos on the Orions I listed above. It seems that they mostly are for SPL and not SQ. That is where the problem lies. I want really good SQ and SPL, if it's possible.

All in all, I basically just want a really good upgrade from my 2 Pioneers and an amp that can drive them. I don't want some off brand that is crap when I could pay a little more and get much more out of either subs or amp.

I was also looking for amps that have a clip LED, like my HiFonics had. I can't seem to find any. I do tune my car with a SMD DD-1, so my subs won't clip unless I really crank it. I like seeing if I am pushing the subs too much, or too little.
You can get on soundqubed.com and get 2 hdc15s and there 4500 for around 1400. That will **** all over everything you listed. All there amps have clip lights.

Thats the cheapest option anyone will really recommend, if your willing to spend more check out soundsolutionaudio.com everything they sell is awesome. You cant go wrong, they also carry soundqubed. Other brands to check are digital designs or B2

Ok. I'm still looking, but the DC Audio 5k, Crescendo BC5500D, AA-5000.1, IA20.1 look very nice. What about subs? SQ + SPL? I can only find some that have just SPL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.