Clarion probs help??

maddhatteroo7
10+ year member

CA
Ok...I recently bought a Clarion DXZ635MP head unit....i got it installed at a local audio shop, they do good work i hear and my friend has them install his head units and he buys from them almost like on a daily basis...but here's the prob...

the tuner and all the other functions work....but when i try to play cds (real cds and cdrs) it will click several times, then eject the cd. the cd WONT play at all, I've called best buy audio install and they said its probably the head unit...have anyone expierenced this prob or know a way to correct it? i bought it online, and spent 3 weeks waiting on getting it. i JUST got it today (12/1/03) and installed the same day too and now i dont want to have to spend more money to have it removed and shipped back. I'm so mad/upset at this problem that I'm ready to report this company I bought the deck from to the BBB. Thanks for letting me vent and share my prob...I'll be taking the deck tomorrow to the place that installed it to check it out if possible :-\

I had this problem before with an Alpine head unit I had bought and had installed. I bought it offline too, but the guy that installed it was really cool and shipped in back to Alpine for me to get it repaired. He told me that it didn't cost him anything since he was a dealer. So you might ask your istaller, it's worth a try.

i didnt buy it from a retail store...

i bought it on ebay from sell2all

follow this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3061385138&category=50558

Item # - 3061385138

this is seriously pissing me off, i bought this car about a month ago w\a jensen deck that was installed by good guys from the previous owner...that didnt play cds at all either it gave out according to the previous owner....so ill still check w\the installer....and then complain to sell2all....my advice... DONT buy from them whatsoever!!!!! im dead serious, took 3 F-ING weeks to get the deck, then the day i get it back, it doesnt play cds, i bought this F--ing deck to play my mp3s!!! ugh

BTW - ty for the fast reply

well i contacted the people i bought my deck from, they gave me a RMA # and said to ship the head unit w\faceplate back, and ill do that today after work and get it removed...and theyll reimburse me for the shipping...this next deck better work or ill be SERIOUSLY PO'd so to take a little revenge i guess u could say, im going to ship the deck overnite or fastest i can do and then they get stuck w\that bill for reimbursing me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

be careful most places have a shippin limit of like 25 to 30 bucks to keep from getting ass raped by the rma shipping.

1st day usually ends up being like 60 bucks so you actually end up screwing yourself.

just be forwarned

ok i sent it back a few days ago...then i got a msg fri afternoon saying they needed the connector to test it, i *****ed at them and told them what ive been thru so far and how much ive wasted (time and money) and she said she'd just ship another 1 out, so i should get 1 soon...but here's my advice all...

NEVER NEVER buy from Sell2All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.