Clueless needs help choosing sub...

spark1135
10+ year member

New York
im trying to find the perfect sub for my car,

heres the thing,

its MUST be as small as possible, trunk space is valuable to me,

it MUST be a good bang for the buck, im kinda poor.

i dont want to knock peoples socks off or set off alarms, i just want a decent thump inside the car.

any recommendations...

i drive a 04 corolla S

i was thinking of a bazooka tube, (a small self powered amp would be the most convienient for me).

any help would be great.

Just get a 10" sub in a small sealed box. It doesn't look like you're going for SPL here so something with great SQ would be great. I forget which are the cheaper eD subs but I think they have pretty good sound quality so check them out. You're going to want to avoid bazooka and most other name brands you've actually heard of, as they cost more than they really should. Instead, read a few threads around here about sound quality to get the idea.

these all sound good, but if i go with a sub like ED then i have to purchase and amp and a box, plus pay for installation of the sub and amp... that = mucho dinero

is there a decent self powered sub, or any simpler decent combo available, not looking for anything crazy?

are bazookas really that bad?

im actually kinda of interested in the 10 inch pre boxed type R, but i keep forgetting to include the price of the amp and installation with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i want the to keep the bass in the car, nothing to blow people away (just me when i sit in the dirvers seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

these all sound good, but if i go with a sub like ED then i have to purchase and amp and a box, plus pay for installation of the sub and amp... that = mucho dinero
is there a decent self powered sub, or any simpler decent combo available, not looking for anything crazy?

are bazookas really that bad?

im actually kinda of interested in the 10 inch pre boxed type R, but i keep forgetting to include the price of the amp and installation with that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i want the to keep the bass in the car, nothing to blow people away (just me when i sit in the dirvers seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )
just install it urself. its really easy trust me many of us can walk u through how to do it. Get a nice 12" sub like an ED K or RE SE. http://www.respl.com the k will need about 300 watts the SE willl need about 600 watts. theres many options u can do without having to spend much money

the infinity basslink is a good all in one solution. i hear one on a regular basis and it does sound good inside the car and can get nicely loud, although it wont sent off car alarms or annoy nneighbours - but since thats exactly what you want, id say the basslink is a good bet, especially price wise.

consider purchasing a driver - you'll need a box, amp, wiring kit - thatb will all add up, even with the most basic of systems.

go basslink. its simple and easy.

yo guys i think this guy is trying to get the sub+amp+amp kit for under $200.and like $65 for Installation. for a total of like $260-$280 . suggest lower like boss stuff or legacy

yo spark1135 correct me if i am wrong and please give your max spending limit $$$$$$$

The basslink throws all this stuff (sub, amp, enclosure) into one for right around $220, so all he needs is a wiring kit from wal-mart for $25 and the installation of the basslink should be something simple enough that he can do it himself.

my max spending limit would be around 300 give or take.

would i be able to get a 10inch type R (pre boxed one) and a decent amp for that much?

so the basslink is pretty good huh? definitly better then a bazooka?

im trying to find the perfect sub for my car,
heres the thing,

its MUST be as small as possible, trunk space is valuable to me,

it MUST be a good bang for the buck, im kinda poor.

i dont want to knock peoples socks off or set off alarms, i just want a decent thump inside the car.

any recommendations...

i drive a 04 corolla S

i was thinking of a bazooka tube, (a small self powered amp would be the most convienient for me).

any help would be great.
hay, i got it . go free air. I have two 18 inch subs on a board on the back of my seet.

you can go with 10 or 12`s and you will git pleanty of bass.

its the cheapest way to add bass and it takes up no trunk space hardly at all.

your local install shop can help you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.