Compatibility/Sound quality JVC KWR500 w/Infinity speakers?

Could someone please help me with a question. I purchased a JVC KWR 500 hu, a pair of Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5, and a pair of Infinity Reference 9633cf 6 x 9 from Amazon for $222, and will recieve them on 11/26/12. My ? is, will these speakers work well off the hu without an amp, and does anyone know if the sound should be clean/clear sounding at a moderately high volume setting? Maybe, I should have looked more into it before purchase, but I've done it now, and know nothing about car stereos. I thought you just bought the radio & speakers, and they just work...from what I've been reading online, that's incorrect. I'd prefer not to use an Amp, but will if I have too. I haven't found anyone posting results of coupling that JVC hu with those Infinity speakers, worrying if there is a reason why.

They should sound fine,just keep in mind that distortion will kill just about any speaker,so watch your volume.Your best results would be to use an amplifier,on all speakers,to give them power they need to perform theyre best,as well as bare min of distortion.You dont need to buy BNIB amplifier,as you can find good used amps, such as older SStreams,Alpine Duo-b,Sony,JBLwith good sound quality,and several others that will be budget friendly, and perform nicely for your new speakers.I amp all speakers.

Ok, thanks.
Ill be posting some good finds for you that not only will perform nicely, but fairly clean as well for $100 and under.Alot of old school amps were rated at 11.6-12.v, so expect more @13.9 that our cars run at today

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.