Completely Worthless Rant, Strong Language keep sensitive ears away.

i2ain2thunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
st paul, mn
I will never buy a modern car. **** your turbo ****, they tried that in the 80s and it was a bad idea. **** your EPA regulations. **** your electric vehicles that I can't put a 2,000 watt stereo system in. **** your modern engines that stops and restarts every time you stop, I'd rather not abuse my starter, and how do I charge my 2,000 watt system and hold 14.5 volts with a dead engine??? **** your ethanol which is subsidized watered down gas that produces worse mileage which negates the cost benefits. **** your 4 cylinders, give me 6 or 8 let me feel and hear the motor not a high pitched whine. **** your smart cars that will leave you dead if you hit a squirrel. **** your ugly styles. **** your ugly as sin cyber-truck with stainless steel that will look like garbage in 1 month. **** your plastic parts like water pumps, give me Mechanical Metal PARTS. **** your terrible engineering which stopped caring about your ability to do self maintenance years ago requiring specialized parts or tools, or worse force you to go to a dealer. **** your touch screens, give me god damn buttons that don't accidently swipe to another screen when I'm trying to press bluetooth. **** your soft buttons on doors that go bad and stop working after 2 years. **** your ugly tiny SUVs. **** your lack of a keyhole so you can't enter your vehicle if the battery dies. Alright I'm done ranting.

some real cars...

;)

Last edited:
Modern transmissions have made 4 cylinder engines faster. There is no performance penalty in a daily driver situation.

With 8+ gears, transmissions with low gear ratios provides a lot of mechanical advantage. You get the best of both worlds, good acceleration and good fuel economy.

I will never buy a modern car. **** your turbo ****, they tried that in the 80s and it was a bad idea. **** your EPA regulations. **** your electric vehicles that I can't put a 2,000 watt stereo system in. **** your modern engines that stops and restarts every time you stop, I'd rather not abuse my starter, and how do I charge my 2,000 watt system and hold 14.5 volts with a dead engine??? **** your ethanol which is subsidized watered down gas that produces worse mileage which negates the cost benefits. **** your 4 cylinders, give me 6 or 8 let me feel and hear the motor not a high pitched whine. **** your smart cars that will leave you dead if you hit a squirrel. **** your ugly styles. **** your ugly as sin cyber-truck with stainless steel that will look like garbage in 1 month. **** your plastic parts like water pumps, give me Mechanical Metal PARTS. **** your terrible engineering which stopped caring about your ability to do self maintenance years ago requiring specialized parts or tools, or worse force you to go to a dealer. **** your touch screens, give me god damn buttons that don't accidently swipe to another screen when I'm trying to press bluetooth. **** your soft buttons on doors that go bad and stop working after 2 years. **** your ugly tiny SUVs. **** your lack of a keyhole so you can't enter your vehicle if the battery dies. Alright I'm done ranting.
**** those who look down on your ride because it's not a 2023 or newer. I'd drive a 1982 Malibu Classic with a small block in it all day long.

**** those who look down on your ride because it's not a 2023 or newer. I'd drive a 1982 Malibu Classic with a small block in it all day long.
Ditto. I love my '99 Silverado with it's 300k engine and 65k transmission, fading paint, hail dents, and it's hit & run reminder. It is my work truck but it is the only one I drive. It is quiet as a mouse so contemplative drives are always an option. Love what you have and let the others envy your joy.

Hate my 2002 Stratus. It's a 1.5 din, has molex in the door jambs and the battery is behind the front bumper.
Worst car for audio. Needed something to drive after I totaled my 99 Tacoma in 2018 so a hand me down. Surprised it made it to 147k without some type of drivetrain work. Newer cars are probably a pain in switching out the stereo with all that intergrated stuff. No more pulling one panel with the stereo attached.

really 2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of that.

What do you drive?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

i2ain2thunder

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
i2ain2thunder
st paul, mn
Start date
Participants