Components?

scadiz

Hawaii
Looking at getting the Soundqubed QP-TH25 , QP-MR6.5 and their Q4-90 to power them.

First time installing a system ... have a few questions. Do I need to buy an external crossover? I notice other component sets come with them. second question, kind of irrelevant, but if I have a 4 channel amp (like the Q4-90) that's rated 90 RMS x 4 channels ... can I just hook up 2 channels and will they still be 90 RMS? (Leaving the other two channels alone)

Thank you,

Stephen

Looking at getting the Soundqubed QP-TH25 , QP-MR6.5 and their Q4-90 to power them.
First time installing a system ... have a few questions. Do I need to buy an external crossover? I notice other component sets come with them. second question, kind of irrelevant, but if I have a 4 channel amp (like the Q4-90) that's rated 90 RMS x 4 channels ... can I just hook up 2 channels and will they still be 90 RMS? (Leaving the other two channels alone)

Thank you,

Stephen
You want super tweeters? You will need an external crossover if running passive or need an amp or deck that's active capable. You can just use 2 of the channel.

You want super tweeters? You will need an external crossover if running passive or need an amp or deck that's active capable. You can just use 2 of the channel.
Thanks

Looking at their 6.5s and supertweeters as a set ... are there better supertweeters I should run? Or a better combination?

Thanks
Looking at their 6.5s and supertweeters as a set ... are there better supertweeters I should run? Or a better combination?
I've never run supertweeters. They're meant to get insanely loud, it's not done for sound quality. Are you sure that's what you want? Do you have an SPL setup?

I've never run supertweeters. They're meant to get insanely loud, it's not done for sound quality. Are you sure that's what you want? Do you have an SPL setup?
This is my first time piecing together a system, sorry for my ignorance ... Setup draft so far is all soundqubed, I'd like the system to get decently loud but not sound outrageously crappy ... right now looking at the things in my first post + a HDS300 15'' and their Q1-1200.2D to power it. Would something like that be all SPL? Gotta drive her every day so I'd like atleast some quality ...

This is my first time piecing together a system, sorry for my ignorance ... Setup draft so far is all soundqubed, I'd like the system to get decently loud but not sound outrageously crappy ... right now looking at the things in my first post + a HDS300 15'' and their Q1-1200.2D to power it. Would something like that be all SPL? Gotta drive her every day so I'd like atleast some quality ...
You'd want to go for their component set I think, if you're going that route. Not too sure about them, but I have a feeling they're not that great from the things I've read.

You'd want to go for their component set I think, if you're going that route. Not too sure about them, but I have a feeling they're not that great from the things I've read.
Alright, thanks. I don't have to go with soundqubed... just liked their pricepoint. any other brands you'd recommend by the way?

I have a lot of new CDT 6.5 component setups for sale, a company without questionable sound quality. sets are ready to go with appropriate x-overs and there are 3 or4 variations. PM me if you have any interest or questions.

You just want loud and be able to turn up high without it sounding bad? Do you have a budget in mind for the components?
That's exactly how I'd describe it haha ... 120-150 for a set, higher if they're worth it or I need to spend more.

I have a lot of new CDT 6.5 component setups for sale, a company without questionable sound quality. sets are ready to go with appropriate x-overs and there are 3 or4 variations. PM me if you have any interest or questions.
Pm'd

id get these. Arc makes really nice stuff...

KS 6006 - ARC Audio 6.5" Component Set

and yah you can just use 2 of the 4 channels, on a 4 channel amp

if youre new to all this, you might want to bookmark/read all this.. https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/forums/21315683-Tips-Tricks

heres the test tones for amp gain setting (youll need them eventually)... http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm

and watch this. it will give you a better understanding about amp gain setting...

ps, whats your max budget for speakers, sub and amps? what deck? what vehicle?

you'll do better with some other brand of passive components. Good suggestions have been made already. The Q 90x4 is a decent amp though.

id get these. Arc makes really nice stuff...
KS 6006 - ARC Audio 6.5" Component Set

and yah you can just use 2 of the 4 channels, on a 4 channel amp

if youre new to all this, you might want to bookmark/read all this.. https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/forums/21315683-Tips-Tricks

heres the test tones for amp gain setting (youll need them eventually)... Realm of Excursion

and watch this. it will give you a better understanding about amp gain setting...

Gotcha ... passive. Been reading a bit about active tuning and stuff, seems a little over my head at this point ... maybe in the future!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.