connecting amp outputs together?

guys is it possible to connect two amp together for double the output, eg two amps same spec, ( two channel amp - 2 x 150 rms @ 4ohms and about 400 to 450 rms @ 4 ohm mono - 2 ohm stable amp), do i need to have an 8ohm driver for this to work or what, note the docs say nothing about connecting amps together being possible?

well connecting outputs together positive to positive and so on into a svc driver, like getting 800rms plus for the price of two cheapies, surely phasing shouldint be a problem? or is there some internal electronics issue at work here?

No, this would not work. Simple reasoning too. An amplifier rated to put out 100 watts will put out 100 watts. It doesnt matter what the input power is, because it will only put out 100 watts. That is what it was built for, that is what it does.

take it easy,

-zane

Just use the second amp with a second sub and theoretically double the output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Certain amps allow for bridging them together. I.E. fosgate bd series via the bdsync cable. But if the manufacturers say nothing about it. I would not suggest it. Given the way marketing people like to hype things. If their products were capable of this they would mention it in promotion of their products. Like memphis and Fosgate do. Just a thought.

not the input but the output of the amp....two channel bridged to one give you 400rms plus another amp same spec, connecting the two positives and negatives together should give you 800rms,,in other words the output of the two amps are connected in parrallel into a driver, is this possible and how?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.