corvette sub enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

fastcar97

Car is a 99 C5 corvette. Anyone build an enclosure in the storage hole so it's invisible under the carpeted covers? Would it be okay to seal a piece of MDF to the metal and use that as the enclosure? Just so I'm clear, 5 out of 6 sides would be metal and the speaker mounted to the 6th being the MDF. The box would be about 1.5 cf doing this. Also thinking of this design in a 97 firebird.

Yes I guess a baffle is the way to say it. Do I need to cover the metal with anything like a fiberglass layer or 2 or dynamat? I guess the only difference between metal and wood is the resonance frequencies right? I'm basically trying to use the car as the majority of the enclosure. It's a small space.

I haven't heard infinite baffle subwoofer in a long time. I'm using the trunk as an enclosure but the enclosure will never open. It's basically a metal bucket I'm puting a sealed MDF cover on with a sub attached. But you answered the question. I'll use some sound deadening on the inside and silicone it shut. Should be about 1.5 cu. ft. I like the Orion HCCA 10.4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.