Crazy Antenna Problem Help

70RSZ28

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am not a professional installer but i am reasonably competent in automotive matters.

I have a 2003 toyota that is a work car so high end stuff was not desirable. I needed to get blue tooth in the car and changed out the factory cd/radio for one with blue tooth.The am and fm bands work good with the factory radio.

Problem: All of the function of the new unit work well but I cannot seem to get AM band reception. I started with a BOSS BVB9351 first with the factory antenna hooked up, no am, fm great, I tried an aftermarket T antenna and the same thing no AM. I figured the BOSS unit may just be to cheap so I got a JVC KW V250 BT. Same Issue No AM reception on the factory antenna, this time with the aftermarket antenna help to the windshield (inside the car) I was getting VERY faint AM on one or two stations but nothing near my other cars or the original factory radio.

If I take the aftermarket antenna and hold it outside the car a foot or so away AM starts coming in good, if I set the aftermarket antenna (Insulated) on the cars roof etc the AM signal disappears. Its crazy I know it is not the unit since the same issues happened with both.

Any thoughts on why the factory mast antenna will not work and this crazy proximity issue with the aftermarket one.

Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.