SOLD Custom RE Destroyer/ TC Sounds 15" sub

SkwurlyFab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
Payed 400 for the sub originally, had it reconed by TC for 200. Red powdercoated basket, rubber high roll surround, dual 10" spiders, double reinforced aluminum cone, 4 inch titanium flatwound VC. I don't remember what impedence it is, I'm headed to the shop right now and I'll post up, but I'm almost positive they're dual 1.7's. Everything on the sub is in great condition, no scratches or chips or holes or anything like that.

I only ran it for a couple days because I couldn't get it to work with my box/amp setup. There's a thread about it on here somewhere just search. Ran it in a sealed box once and it sounded amazing. It can take a ton of power, just make sure it's all set up correctly.

I'm in San Diego and would prefer local pickup. I can ship it, but it'll be a lot of money though, it weighs A TON:eek:

First 500 takes it.

Pics-

Beastly

100_0566.jpg

Top Shot

100_0568.jpg

Getting reconed at TC

p8040074db1.jpg

Getting reconed at TC

p8040070uu3.jpg

Layin Out

100_0571.jpg

Just took a reading on both the coils and they both read 1.3 exactly. So whoever buys this beast needs an amp that can handle a load a little below 1 ohm.

I'd say 1800 watts rms, you could probably push it a little further as well.

The only blatant problem was that when I gave it the full 2500 watts, or possibly a little more since it was seeing below a 1 ohm load, it would make a chattering sound while playing low notes at full volume.

I ran it set to a little below 2000 watts with a multi and it sounded fine, but wasn't as loud as I was looking for. STill louder then the stock Destroyer, but I wanted more so I put the sub on the side and got the TC 5200.

Ran it in a sealed box so the excursion was a bit more controlled and it sounded amazing with the full 2500 goin to it. Didn't go low enough for my taste though, so that's another reason I switched to the 5200.

I don't believe TC ever made a write up of the TS params, but there is a sheet on the params of the Destroyer floatin around here on the net somewhere and it should be pretty close to that. And we all know how well the Destroyers perform allready.

I mean ****, buy this thing for the motor alone and get a recone kit for a 100 bucks and you got yourself a destroyer.

Lets get some offers on this *****!

...I mean ****, buy this thing for the motor alone and get a recone kit for a 100 bucks and you got yourself a destroyer. Lets get some offers on this *****!
I would buy the motor alone if you were selling it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'd like to sell the sub complete, and if it doesn't sell on here I'll throw it up on ebay cuz I need the money for **** I need to pay off. If nothing works out I'll end up sellin the motor alone, but I'm sure the sub will sell so yeah.

Yeah it did. I saw a thread on here today where that happened with someones tc 3000 I think. When they reconed it again they put a secondary aluminum ring around the edge where it meets with the surround for reinforcement. So it's double thick all around the edge and sturdy as ****. Definitly won't crack again, no signs of fatigue at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.