Custom subwoofer with 2/0 gauge leads!!!

GPcarAudio.com
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
Missouri
27mn.jpg

Always wonder why double 0 gauge to amps and 8 guage to subs?
Voltage vs. amperage, any size wire can handle a very high voltage which is what amps put out generally speaking. There are certain amps that will put out high numbers of both, though.

Not sure if trolling?
Nope. Not trolling.

I believe its because its a combination of the distance being short. And that just because your amp is wired at lets say 1 ohm and produces 2500 watts. It only produces those 2500 watts on certain frequencies.

Nope. Not trolling.I believe its because its a combination of the distance being short. And that just because your amp is wired at lets say 1 ohm and produces 2500 watts. It only produces those 2500 watts on certain frequencies.
Pretty sure it's to do with voltage and amperage though, like I posted before...

Lol does anybody know what AC power is? Fugn hilarious how ppl think speaker lead gauge or material really matters in 99% of applications. 8 gauge CCA in less than four foot segments will carry like a bajillion AC watts in burps lol

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

DC power is obviously a different story entirely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.