Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

jwalker36116
10+ year member

I have a 98 Toyota 4Runner, I need help with a enclosure for two Death Penalty 15's powered by a Sundown 3000, I have a good amount of space to work with. My maxx would be 38x38x20 (L x W x H) I'm trying to use the areoports as well. I just need some help, willing to pay if need be. I want something tuned to around 34 herzts.

Daily Driver with the ablity to prove a point if need be!!!

Here is something I just threw together for you going off of what you said for max dimensions, and your type of subs, said subs volume displacement (.22 each = .44), (Subs Up, Port Front) with about 4cu ft. per sub net airspace (After Port Volume, Subs, 2 Baffles) Tuned to about 34 hz Using 4 - 5" x 15.25" Round Aero Ports - Just a suggested starting point for you possibly... Hope it helps ;-)

DualSubEnclosureIADeathPenalty15PortedRoundAero34hz_zps81986150.png

What ever woud be best man, I've never really messed with the DP's so Im a virgin with these subs
Do you have the ability to make larger ports? If not would you purchase them or are you limited to the 6" psp ports?

Thanks its a start!!!

Here is something I just threw together for you going off of what you said for max dimensions, and your type of subs, said subs volume displacement (.22 each = .44), (Subs Up, Port Front) with about 4cu ft. per sub net airspace (After Port Volume, Subs, 2 Baffles) Tuned to about 34 hz Using 4 - 5" x 15.25" Round Aero Ports - Just a suggested starting point for you possibly... Hope it helps ;-)
DualSubEnclosureIADeathPenalty15PortedRoundAero34hz_zps81986150.png

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

What size are you talking, I can buy them or make them if need be

Do you have the ability to make larger ports? If not would you purchase them or are you limited to the 6" psp ports?

Thanks its a start!!!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Yeah I just figured it would be a start to play around with, I mean obviously... I Doubt Any Ports you use/make will have a thickness of .75" (sorry just caught that) being that you are going round & Not slot ported, but it should give you a basis you can work from ;-) Give those subs around 4 cu ft. each and tune to 34hz using 50-80" of port and I'm sure you will like your results :) GL with your build

thanx, will post pictures and vids when i get everything done

Thanks its a start!!!

Yeah I just figured it would be a start to play around with, I mean obviously... I Doubt Any Ports you use/make will have a thickness of .75" (sorry just caught that) being that you are going round & Not slot ported, but it should give you a basis you can work from ;-) Give those subs around 4 cu ft. each and tune to 34hz using 50-80" of port and I'm sure you will like your results :) GL with your build

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.