DD9912 vs. Sundown NSV3 12 vs. DC Level 5 12

cid.d

Hello all,

I am in the market looking to buy a new sub. I recently blew my DD3512, likely due to an overpowered amp. I have the Hifonics Brutus BEX2550.1D*amp, and would like a sub that will take advantage of the power it can give.

I have narrowed it down to the three subs that I listed in the title - though I am very open to any suggestions. What I need to know is which of these three subs will pound the hardest with my current set up. I drive a lexus is250 so this will all be going through a Hi-Lo adapter (not sure if that even makes a difference). I have not done the big 3 (should I?) and am using the standard battery that comes with the car - with 0 Guage wires.

Which one of these subs will be the loudest? I want to use only one sub for the time being so I can use the same box I already have. I'm not sure if I can get all of these subs with a dual 2 ohm set up (I wanna bridge down to one ohm so I can get 250 watts rms out of my amp and sub).

As you can tell, I'm not very knowledgeable with car audio and this is my first post here. Please use the most basic language possible so I can understand, and thanks in advance!!

@LosIsATool lol

Most likely you blew your woofer due to clipping
You amps a mono its doesn't bridge it's internally done. Only one channel
With that amp and stock electrical you would be better off with a sundown Sa 12"

Clipping is what blows subwoofers. Dirty signal. Not setting your gain right. And your amp is a mono block. Means one channel.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

isn't the sa series a bit weak though? I won't blow it with my amp? Will it be better than my previous sub?
You shouldn't have blown that DD 3512 with that amp unless you were clipping and burnt the woofer up

overdriving equipment is overdriving equipment, in this case you turned the GAIN up too high. the ratio between INPUT and OUTPUT signals was SET too high causing your amp to be overdriven and produce a SQUARE, speakers play those fancy sine waves that are curved

whats your sub doing in the flat part? oh yeah just ******* up HEAT

if you sub doesnt get louder when you turn up the volume your gain is WAY TOO HIGH

i vote gain was way to high and you clipped that sub to death..

look on youtube for " setting your amp with dmm "

get a dmm if you dont have one.

set your amp up right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.