decisions.........

no_vendetas
10+ year member

No prob wit my HU. Kenwood Exelon X969 is what is in the car now.

But im Still using stock speakers.
eek.gif
This is what i plan to do. In my front doors I am gonna run Pioneer TS A1680R 4 way 6 1/2 drivers. They run 2-50w rms and peak is 220w. For the back im gonna run Pioneer TS A6980R 4 way 6X9's

They run 2-80w rms and 350w peak. OK, now for the queston. I am gonna amp these drivers with a 4 channel amp but do I buy my amp to come as close to the max (not the peak rating) rms of the 6 1/2's since they are the lower wattage drivers or what? How big of an amp do i need to have? I understand that a XXw 4 channel amp has to divide that total wattage between 4 channels so Im not sure on how big of an amp to even look for let alone the brand.... but im thinking alpine. AS ALWAYS
smiley_pijp.gif
smiley_pijp.gif

I forgot the speakers will be wired at 4 ohms.

If you havent bought those pioneers yet you might think twice. Those 4 way speaks are mostly hype, you would be better off with a nice two way component set or two.

You could get better speaks especially if your gonna have subs and dont have to worry about bass. Infinity makes pretty clean speaks and you can get them for a good deal on the net. almost any component set that is a decent brand will be better than those pioneers.

But back to the question. If you have good speaks then they will tell you an rms number, find an amp that will match or go a little over this number (you can always turn the amp down, the sound will only get cleaner.)

pm me for more info if you need it.

Glad you told me that. My first mind was Infinity but then I was thinking Pioneer or Kenwood. I went to best buy and heard the Pioneers and the Kenwoods and Pioneers sounded better than the K's did. Ill have to go and hear some Infinitys best buy in my area dosen't carry Infinity ill keep looking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.