FEATURED Deltasaurus...

spokey9
5,000+ posts

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
This won't be a regular build log since since I ballparked it out and the difference between me and a shop doing it about $600. Plus the shop can do it in a couple days and it'd take me at least a month doing it on my days off 😂

This what I got so far the yacht...

20240715_071223.jpg
20240715_071008.jpg
20240715_071507.jpg
20240715_070836.jpg

Build Photo
  1. Okay
I'm getting the Apex alt put in today with the big 3.

I've got CDT unity 7.5 for the dash
CDT CL-69SubCF to shoehorn into the doors.
I had some cdt tweets but I gotta buy them again after an incident between the tweets and the kiddos orange soda pop 😂

A 1k and 2k stinger mt monoblocks. 2k is for the sql-15's and the 1k will be for the front sub.

Rf power t400.4 for the mids and tweets
arc audio fd2200 for the 6x9 midbass in the doors.

Have you used the Unities (or similar ~2 wideband) before? Are you using the CDT pods or fabrication something? Looking forward to hearing how the Unities work out.

Last edited:
I've ordered a mindsp
Have you used the Unities (or similar ~2 wideband) before? Looking forward to hearing how the Unities work out.
This is my first time but I've heard nothing bad about them. I won't be asking too much from them either way. I tried the 6X9's free air and they sounded good to about 2k. So as long as the unity's do well down to about 800hz and up to about 4000hz I'll be happy

Last edited:
I've ordered a MiniDSP C-DSP8x12 v2 and I'm going use a SMSL PO100 PRO as bridge from my phone to the dsp instead of installing a headunit

The only time I use my HU is when I don't have cell service or on the rare occasion when I forget my phone.
I wanted to do an old school hu like the pioneer dolphin, sony xplode flipface, or jvc kameleon...but the prices are jacked considering you're paying for old azz caps 😂

So I went the other way with just a usb port and the oled controller for the dsp as my hu

Last edited:
I wanted to do an old school hu like the pioneer dolphin, sony xplode flipface, or jvc kameleon...but the prices are jacked considering you're paying for old azz caps 😂

So I went the other way with just a usb port and the oled controller for the dsp as my hu
If those old HU's are getting "top dollar" I need to get around to listing my P9 combo (from the 90s) on Ebay. I have some old Clarion Amps that I don't think I'll ever use again (big footprint) that I should put on ebay as well. 1000wrms class a/b power for the guy who's into that.

If those old HU's are getting "top dollar" I need to get around to listing my P9 combo (from the 90s) on Ebay. I have some old Clarion Amps that I don't think I'll ever use again (big footprint) that I should put on ebay as well. 1000wrms class a/b power for the guy who's into that.
I was seeing mostly $300-800 depending but even on the low end I wasn't super comfortable paying that and hoping 20+ year caps wouldn't die on me 😂

The alt, big 3, and underhood agm is in (I'd take a pic but the block is shamefully dirty from sitting so long 😂) it's holding solid at 14.7v so I'm pretty happy with it

I wanna see the front speaker install.
It ain't gonna be too crazy the unity's in the factory dash location bouncing off the glass, tweets in the corners and 6x9's in the doors. I'll probably have to cut the bottom side of the arm rest 😂

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...