designing 4 18s window line box in a 90 burban ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i want to build a box for my 1990 suburban - at window line height basicly maby a inch or 3 higher if needed - to house four SI ht 18" d2 subwoofers

Stereo Integrity | HT Subwoofers

since si says the suspension is soft - its power handling is rated at 600w to prevent the sub bottoming out - the coil should handle more power no prob.

anyhow - i dont have any box making programs on my computer - can you recomend one to me to download free ? ive always just used the rockford website to calculate airspace and i forget where i used a port calc... and id like to do it right this time. im decent at wood craftsmanship so im confident i can build a good box given the right design.... for my aplication = daily driving beating up the block, and the ocasional car show demo

id like subs up - port back - made from the nice birch 3/4" plywood doubled up in certan areas - and plenty strong with bracing wherever needed. im open to port ideas... round / octogon / slot port ext... but id like to ask your opionons on port tuning / as well as net airspace the subs might enjoy in a car stereo environment - as the specs might be more suited for home theater people... si recomended port tuning is 20hz in a 5 to 6 cube net airspace = lol in a viechle

also im a bit lost as to where the frequency slopes might want to get cut off with this perticular subs - as they seem to have a wide range of usable hz

hit me with feedback - id apreciate constructive critisisim as well as ideas

thank you in advance

im thinking 6 to 7 cubes per sub tuned in the 32 range ? am i on the right track with that ?

i want to build a box for my 1990 suburban - at window line height basicly maby a inch or 3 higher if needed - to house four SI ht 18" d2 subwoofersStereo Integrity | HT Subwoofers

since si says the suspension is soft - its power handling is rated at 600w to prevent the sub bottoming out - the coil should handle more power no prob.

anyhow - i dont have any box making programs on my computer - can you recomend one to me to download free ? ive always just used the rockford website to calculate airspace and i forget where i used a port calc... and id like to do it right this time. im decent at wood craftsmanship so im confident i can build a good box given the right design.... for my aplication = daily driving beating up the block, and the ocasional car show demo

id like subs up - port back - made from the nice birch 3/4" plywood doubled up in certan areas - and plenty strong with bracing wherever needed. im open to port ideas... round / octogon / slot port ext... but id like to ask your opionons on port tuning / as well as net airspace the subs might enjoy in a car stereo environment - as the specs might be more suited for home theater people... si recomended port tuning is 20hz in a 5 to 6 cube net airspace = lol in a viechle

also im a bit lost as to where the frequency slopes might want to get cut off with this perticular subs - as they seem to have a wide range of usable hz

hit me with feedback - id apreciate constructive critisisim as well as ideas

thank you in advance

im thinking 6 to 7 cubes per sub tuned in the 32 range ? am i on the right track with that ?
how much power are you running exactly?

o cool thanks buck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as for power i dont have the amp i want yet. but im searching for an amp to do 2400 to 2800 at 1 ohm at 14.4 volts

curently i have a saz1500 gen 1 or a crappy hifonics bxi1600 = not enough to run my 4 18s at their potential

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.