Diamond Audio

DiamondAudioFan
10+ year member

Superior VIP Member
Hey. I'm wondering how many people think that my choice in Diamond Audio subs was a good idea. I'd preferably like to hear from people who have heard Diamond audio **** before.

Thanks.

another thing. Any other people who have something to say about diamond please email me.

P.S. I hate alpine ****.

Personally, I love Diamond...one of the best SQ companies on the market IMO. Right now, I am in the process of getting a Mac-Daddy for review...

yeah.

i wanted to get the Mac Daddys, but i needed a small box volume sub for my Jeep. So the M5's were the only choice. I wish i had waited like 4 mos. untill the M6's came out. But i'm more than happy w/ my decision w/ the M5's. They are tighter and louder than the kicker comp VRs, and the Alpine Type-R's, which were my other choices.

diamond may make great stuff, especially the components I've heard them very neutral and smooth sounding (s tweeter). But, about the subs I can't say really.

I am wary of any company though, that boasts this and that great feature, but won't post the T/S specs of their subs anywhere. What further makes me wary is that they do not post the inductance of their subwoofers. Not many manufacturers do this, but I feel that knowing the inductance of the voice coil is an important thing. I can't get the Fs, the Qts even of the subs, so how am I going to model the frequency responses and figure out if I have even enough space?

I know, I know, I'm going to get chewed out because there is no replacement for real world tinkering and trials, but it's just that really accurate modeling and careful attention to the parameters that matter have yielded highly satisfying results for me in the past. When the modeler said it'd play deep, it played deep. When the modeler said that it was going to peak at a certain frequency, it did so, almost precisely.

So, without diamond giving me information in which to base a decision on, I simply have stayed away from them, and being that no retailers around here have any diamond subs set up, what am I to do? I have to resort to people's accounts of things, of many of whom I do not trust their ears or their perception or understanding, or I have to resort to the T/S stats of which I have learned to trust to a certain degree. So, why don't companies make it possible to find detailed stats of their products somewhere on their website?

I can understand that you want to know a lot about the subs. But you have to remember that Diamond will not sell anything online, like some manufacturers, which i kinda like. It means that they are not going to just mass produce their stuff, and sell it to people who don't know how to install it. The shop that installes all my stuff swears by Diamond. And they do very-very high end installs. I've heard 1 diamond 10 inch M5 in a Dodge Pickup, and the SQ was AMAZING. He had all diamond everything, i've never heard a nicer sounding sysytem.

But, i also want to know if anybody has heard the new TDX subs. preferrably the 15'' ones. I just wanna know if they are as loud as i think they would be.

don't get me started on retail...

I'll say a few quick things.

1. every single shop I have encountered did not have people as knowledgable as me.

2. every single shop had crappy prices I was unwilling to pay

3. I have never needed the services of any retail shop.

4. There is no reason why someone could also possess the first 3 properties.

I'll just post this link to read at your discretion.

http://www.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=007542

i guess ur right. But i'm not that great at doing installs, so having some professional that has been doing it for as long as i was alive do it for me, it is kinda reassuring.

yer right, but my parents wont let me buy off the net //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have 2 Diamond Audio 12 inch TDX D4's and they bang my car shakes like no tomorrow and it even shook when i had only one sub taking 600 watts from a class D 2 channel Memphis MD1000 amp 1100 wats by 2 channels. i've heard the up their with the best, def top off the line.

Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan Hey. I'm wondering how many people think that my choice in Diamond Audio subs was a good idea. I'd preferably like to hear from people who have heard Diamond audio **** before.

Thanks.

another thing. Any other people who have something to say about diamond please email me.

P.S. I hate alpine ****.
My friend has diamond subs, so I can give my 2 cents, but that alpine thing was harsh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

He has two Diamond M3 10's that have very good sound quality but do not hit hard at all (they are only getting 125W RMS from a fosgate amp). Either way, they sound decent. He should give them way more. They are in a sealed box. I don't mean to make you feel good about your purchase though, because I like alpine so we're on different ends of the spectrum.

Hey man yea i got alot of diamond audio stuff because they just sound soo sick i have a 12 dual coil sub that bangs like a beast and because i had it running so strong i had 2 turn down my amp to half way gain and turn my non fading on my deck to -5 and its still beating like a mother dude it sounds pure sweet i also spent alot on a custom box so it helps but its def worth the money dude i also have 2 sets of m6 component speakers i used for about a month but i just took them out because im getting my pilots license and need the money (its costing about 7 grand ) so i need to sell this i bought each set for 329 brand new i still have the box and they still work perfectly if ur interested lemme know and we can negotiate a price i gotta get rid of these asap

thanks man

aim:holla244836

cya and goodluck dude

edit nm. Who decided to bump the 3 year old thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

double edit... IC a noob with 2 post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.