Diamond S600 or MB Quart PSD216

ErnMcCracken
10+ year member

NY
I can get both for around the same price, possibly the MB for $50 less. Now i have 550.2 Vipers but hate there clarity at higher volumes and lack of midbass. Would either of these give me a better sound overall. And if so which one would you choose. I live in NY and every Diamond Audio dealer has no actual speakers which I can listen too which ***** because I really want to demo these speakers. I own a 00 civic, comp's will be running off a PPI pcx480 amp in case your wondering.

Both good speakers.Quarts are harsher and diamonds are smoother.Ull hear this alot.They both can get loud.Ur choice should depend on ur listening style.

I am in the same boat. I am used to running MB Quarts for years. Now I am ready for a change and am trying to decide between Diamond Audio Hexs and Boston Pros.

I listened to the Hex and Bostons today. I think I am leaning toward the Boston Pros. I just have to get to the other store and listen to the Diamonds with a silk tweeter before I decide.

I'm going with HEX's after looking at MbQuarts, Focal, and Boston. All of these are great quality comps, some more expensive than others.

The thing that appealed to me about the HEX's was the 3-way add-on option, along with the RAF output on the x-over allowing you to hook up rear-fill speakers off the x-over allowing you to run your entire surround system off of a single 2-channel amp if you should so decide...its a nice option.

But its all up to your listening tastes, and how much you're willing to spend. Definitely go listen to as many options as you can before deciding.

Good luck, let us know what you decide to go with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.