Died when running...

DeadOnArrival
10+ year member

I was driving and my stereo cut out... Everything died with the stereo itself except for the HU. The way it was set up I thought taht maybe my amp overheated because the lid that I have covering everything was close to the amps so I didn't think that it was getting enough air flow to cool it. So i raised the lid about 5 inches thinking that it would be plenty for the air flow but it did it again tonight on the way to work. So I turned the HU off and let everything 'cool down' till i could get to it later. I went out and checked on it a couple of hours later, and it is cold outside, to see if everything is working, but I am still having the same problem, the HU works fine but nothing else. So maybe it was overheating in the beginning, but now just the protection light comes on on both amps. No fuses are blown, everything is hooked up correctly... and if it was a problem with overheating in the first place, the amp that is powering my sub was the one that I was worried about, not the one that is running my fronts. But they both cut out at the same time, both amps... so now I am stuck wondering why they would both cut out at the same time. Any ideas or suggestions?

weird problem I had a similar one on an old car with a jensen amp the problem ended up being my ground

if I were you I would check my ground make sure you have a good connection to bare metal I like to ground to the frame but people use seat belt bolts and other things like that also If your not already try running ground wire 1 size bigger than your power wire even if its not the problem it will be better for your system

It sounds like you probably do have a bad ground, the other things could be your remote wire(blue wire), or a short in your wiring somewhere(wire touching metal it's not suspossed too). But, I am willing to put my money on the ground.

Well, I checked everything and I happened to check the fuse from the battery and realized that it was loose. I messed with it for a sec and then the system worked fine. It is one of the fuses that you click into place, and the clicking part was loose. So I have to get a new fuse block for it. Thanks for your suggestions though, I did check my grounds...

My other problem is this: When I have my sub on, I get static from my front speakers (the only ones hooked up), and when I turn the sub off, they work fine. I can blast them like crazy and not one bit of static, but as soon as the sub turns on, the speakers start getting staticy, and it is mostly when the bass hits, but its still there when its not. Any ideas with that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.