Directed Audio 1500D help, new amp maybe for IDMAX?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kreukishot
10+ year member

Well I was driving one day and after a very small bump in the road my sub went out. Rechecked connections, everything is fine.

Hardware:

IDMAX12 D2 wired in parallel for 1ohm

Directed Audio Class D 1500d amp (bought at ikesound December of 05)

Sealed Enclosure at 1.3cuf

(in a 97 Nissan 240sx)

Problem: The amp seems to be the problem. Upon opening the top panel to adjust the gain, frequency, subsonic filter,etc, the sub goes "on" and "off". The green light on the amp is continuously on but it seems as though it isn't passing out signal/power to the sub.

I have to physically push the gain/frequency knobs on top of the amp to get the amp to work. Sometimes pushing the knobs down doesn't even work. It's probably something faulty inside the amp. Any suggestions as to how I'd fix it? It's probably electrical but I don't have one clue as to how I could fix it.

So yes the amp does work flawlessly when it actually is "on"

There is a chance I may just look into spending a couple hundred on a new amp to power the idmax. Any suggestions? (Budget is 200-300, even 300 is pushing it but I can't sell myself short)

Thanks a lot for the help,

Chris

Directed Audio 1500D help, new amp maybe for IDMAX?

sounds like a bad connection...or potentiometer...if pressed to hard or turned to far potentiometers can break...and they do as you describe...they sorta try to work at different settings...all they are is thin pieces of metal coils that when you turn them change up the needed resistance that controls your amps gain or features....

sounds like a bad connection...or potentiometer...if pressed to hard or turned to far potentiometers can break...and they do as you describe...they sorta try to work at different settings...all they are is thin pieces of metal coils that when you turn them change up the needed resistance that controls your amps gain or features....
would you happen to know how to fix them? or happen to know what type of shops i can bring the amp to for it to get fixed?

Thanks,

Chris

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.