Disc Changer Placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
My vehicle is not spacious and I am limited to where I can sto this bad boy. I recently picked up an Alpine CHA-s634 and I am debating if I want to mount it to the top of my trunk, I am a little worried about vibration from the subwoofers as they wont be far from it, or engineering something to make it fit in the glove box, where it would be more accessible, but maybe not as sturdy, meaning more road vibration. Does anyone have any experience on how well these handle vibration?

I ran the s624 in my glove box. Worked great. Simply held it with double sided foam tape. Never budged. I actually forgot it was just tape when I went to remove it, was so sturdy I looked for screws. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have also had an older 12 disc in my trunk next to a sub enclosure. No issues either,

In the wife's car, I have mounted the 12 disc vertically in the rear trunk corner, and on the bottom of the rear deck.

accordtrunkprogress052008001.jpg

2296173_204_full.jpg

I knew I could count on you Keep_Hope_Alive, I think I am going to fiber glass a little surrounding somewhat like the trunk you did in the glovebox, When you did put it in the there, did you set the tilt to full verticle or the first offset?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.