Do i have enough poweR?

Luminar

I wanna get 2 rockford 10s that handle 100-500 watts RMS and 1000 peak at 4ohm, im getting a rockford amp to drive them that puts out 425 watts 4ohm stable and i wanna know if im putting enough power through to these subs, and will i need a 2nd alternator/battery?

Sounds just fine to me. You could run it at 2 ohms and most likely get more power out of the amp. Just wire the subs different. Of course I'm assuming that these are dual coil subs. All kinds of ways to do it if so.

As far as needing another alt/battery? Na, I really doubt it. Maybe if your car is really old or your alt/battery is almost dead you could replace with new but I'm running 350 rms to my sub and 200 to my comps and everything runs fine. I do have a cap but I have run without and was still just fine.

I think you will be ok.

its a 1993 300ZX, alternator is no more then 3 years old, battery is new so i should be ok... im running it at 4 ohms kuz the subs are dual 4 ohm voice coils so why buy somethin u wont use eh? so thanks fo your input

Yep, everything will work out just fine. You may want to add a cap if you see any dimming of your lights, but it seems like you will be okay. I went to JL's website and checked out your dual 4-ohm configuration possiblities and if your amp can handle it you could run 1 ohm.

2 DVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel / Parallel

Connecting the voice coils of each driver in parallel (+ to +, - to -) and the drivers themselves in parallel (+ to +, etc.) will result in the following impedances:

Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.5 Ohms

Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofers: 1 Ohm

Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofers: 0.5 Ohm

You would run lots more power to the subs. Not sure if you can do a 1-ohm load though.

dont understand, but if my lights dim ill add a cap. they are Rockford subs and a rockford amp my stock components which are bose with teh stock stereo cept for my alpine headunit are running from the amp (50x4) in the head... as long as running it at 4 ohms wont rape my electrical system... worst comes to worst i can spend the extra what like 200? for a cap

200 for a cap? You can get them alot cheaper, i bought a lightening audio cap on ebay for like 50 bux and its a 1fared or w/e cap and i havent had ne problems with it. I think pretty much a capacitor is a capacitor but im a newb dont listen to me.

200 for a cap? You can get them alot cheaper, i bought a lightening audio cap on ebay for like 50 bux and its a 1fared or w/e cap and i havent had ne problems with it.
well atleast i overshot, iwas expecting to pay more for it so thats good its not what i thought... save me money!!! lol ill try it out

It is only 450 watts, you won't even need anything bigger than 4ga wire. You will not need a cap, you will not need an alternator. Your sub will be very underpowered, so watch your gains closely and don't send the amp into clipping, if you don't know what it is go to http://www.bcae1.com and look around there. Good luck with your system, oh and do not wire it to anything below 4 ohms, your amp cannot handle it regardless of what anyone in this thread said to do.

What is the model number on your amp? Despite what nosaj070 said, if your amp can handle a lower ohm load you will be able to get more power out of the amp. I'm not familiar with rockford amps so I am not sure how stable they are at lower ohms. I am going to go out on a limb here and say it won't be able to run a 1 ohm load though.

amp model number = Rockford Fosgate 851X its an 800x4 but im bridging it to 2 channel... and how underpowered is it going to be? all i want to acomplish is extremely loud... i dont give a rats ass about ghetto boom boom lookin like an idiot, i just want loud

Oh my mistake, i thought you were sending them 425 total, but its really 425 a piece, that Rockford amp should also be a little underrated, so expect about 450 a sub, it should get loud, good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.