do i need 2 batteries to hook up 2 amps?

dannie

I was wondering if I needed two batteries to hook up two amps? I want to push 4 12's with two amps(1,100 watt & 1,200 watt). If I need another battery how would I go about doing this? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

couple of questions for ya

1. are those RMS or peak numbers ?

2. What kind of car ?

3. What's the current output of your alternator ?

Let us know these answers and it will be alot easier to help you out brother man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You may not need two batteries, but you may have to upgrade your ALT. Get us the answers to the questions from ramos and we may be able to help.

Also include the max power draw of the amps. It should be listed in the owners guide.

I just hooked up 2 1000 watt amps to a stock 2003 ranger and did not need anything.

Batteries will only help for run time when your car is off. More batteries the longer it will last without having them go dead as pavengmike6 said you may need to upgrade your alt. That is what i had to do. Alts put out 14 volts compared to a battery which does about 12.5 volts give or take a little on these numbers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.