Dodge Dakota

SHERIDAN

Canada
Anyone every thorw any performance / 4x4 parts on one? Im getting on fairly soona dn want to know what its goign to cost me for lift/exhaust/intake and soo on. Anyone every throw exhaust form cat baack on a 3.9 ltr engine? this is what it has ans i dont want loud Car Exhuast i want Deep Truck Exhuast. Anyone have brands i could check out????

Thks

My buddy has a Dakota, he got the biggest gain out of the headers, lost time at the track with a intake. I harassed him about getting a borla muffler instead of flows, he doesnt regret getting the borla. Its quiet at idle and loud when hammered

Headders and a cat on a 3.9? Hmm... I don't think you are honestly going to get what you want out of that motor. I drove a 3.9 Dodge Dakota once and it had a straight pipe out the passenger side. The sound could be described as more of a "I lost my muffler and I'm such a flamer I think I'll leave it off" than anything. If you are looking for the deep effect you might have to spend WAY more than you would as compared to a V-8 to get that sound (which just needs straight pipes). Just curious, what year? Are you going to go hick style (c'mon be honest) or are you going to have a nice truck? To do any significant lifting with big tires you could be spending 2g or more (tires, axles or different gears, liftkit, new rims). Exaust, depending on how extensive, 50 bucks to 1g. Motor enhancements, such as intake (rice) could cost anywhere from 50 bucks for a K&N to... i don't think theres big aftermarket for 3.9's so... 2g for a 318 crate motor.

So basically what i'm trying to say is a 3.9 is not in my book what will work for what you are trying to do. BUT, if you are just going for a slightly more aggressive appearance, sound and get a little more bite out of the motor, than go for it. You will spend most of your money, i think getting the exaust to sound right... Although a kid in my school put glasspacks on his V-6 Chevy pickup and it sounded fine, but it wasn't nessecarily deep. If you have anymore questions, I might be able to help yet still...

Thks For the input its going on a 97 single cab 4x4. I got a set of rims and purchaseing some tires. Ive started a little body lift well my money flow is small and maybe later soon later suspension lift. I want some nice sounding exhaust to go with a beefy little truck. I dont want cheap glasspacks or anything some that will cost a couple houndred Canadian just ot get me starteed. I dont like flowmasters there sound is the same throughout. An i didnt know if puting borla or dynomax would be the right thing since it is a small engine. i dont want to throw on expensive exhaust and not have enough pressure to make it sound decent. i want idle quiet and when i step on it let people know what i got. any brand suggestions would be very helpful.

Go to a muffler shop and ask around. They might be able to give you some more constructive advice than i can. And please... For your own sake... Take it easy on the body lift. Body lift = bad on the road. A friend of ours lost one of his sons that way, rolling a truck with a bunch of body lifting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.