Does anyone have a DVD recorder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bonesninja
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Lima, Ohio
Meaning the type where you pop in a dvd and it either saves it to hard drive then you burn it or it simultaniously records like the good ole dual casstte deck? Looking to buy one and want some opinions on what to get.

i have a magnavox dvd recorder that i used to use to record tv shows to dvd+rw discs

dont plan on recording dvd movies with them though, copy protection wont let you

it is easier to do that using a pc and then burning them to a blank dvd disc anyway

i was looking for one. Came down to Tivo or this one at walmart. I got the walmart one. Its a Poloroid. You can record shows to the HD, then burn them to dvd or just watch dvds. With Tivo its like $14 a month & with other recorders there is a fee per month, no monthly fee with this player. May not have as many features as TiVo but I sure love no monthly fees & its a great DVD player/recorder.

dont plan on recording dvd movies with them though, copy protection wont let you
That is what they make Magic chips for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I have two both are the same Magnavox DVD VCR combo...I went with the DVD deck because it was cheap and you can use several different formats of DVD's....I think with my Wal-Mart discount cart I paid like $130 each for mine...

That is what they make Magic chips for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I have two both are the same Magnavox DVD VCR combo...I went with the DVD deck because it was cheap and you can use several different formats of DVD's....I think with my Wal-Mart discount cart I paid like $130 each for mine...
So is there a unit that i can buy and rip DVD's straight out of the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.