dont know how to power components

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
i am very confused on how to power my component set. i dont know whether to use a 2-channel or a 4-channel amp, and how i would use them. say if i had a 2-cahnnel amp that put out 200x2 at 4ohms. if i connected this to the x-over would this blow the speakers if they are rated at 80watts. i mean would the right wattage go to the midrange/tweeter. as you can tell i am very confused any help is greatly appreciated

i am very confused on how to power my component set. i dont know whether to use a 2-channel or a 4-channel amp, and how i would use them. say if i had a 2-cahnnel amp that put out 200x2 at 4ohms. if i connected this to the x-over would this blow the speakers if they are rated at 80watts. i mean would the right wattage go to the midrange/tweeter. as you can tell i am very confused any help is greatly appreciated
No you won't blow them up and yes the right wattage will go to the right speaker - that's why it called a crossover. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Most likely they came with jumpers that connect the imput on the woofer and the tweeter together...In this case you would just wire your +/- from your amp to the +/- on the woofer connections on the x-over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.