Dual voice coil...

Bing
10+ year member

Ok, a while back I bought two Kicker comp 10's, and was a little stumped about there being two post on both the negitive and the positive sides of the subs(the shop I bought them form wasn't too helpful) A guy explained to me the other day theres more then one post there because they are dual voice coil and that I need to wire them together. So I pulled them out of the box and wired the negitive post that wasn't being used to the positive post that wasn't being used. Is this the correct way? I don't want to hook them back up and kill something. Thanks for any help. He said if I did this it will make my subs perform all around better...Is this also true? I thought they should be a little louder.

OK I got those two options...But I see nothing on there abnout 8 ohms...inwhich both of my subs are. I want to get them as loud as they can be without hurting them or my amp(which is a kicker kx200.2

you're right...for some reason I thought he said they were SVCs...didn't bother to look at the title... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif i'm losing my mind!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, I found out my subs arn't DVC, and that i'm going to need to run the two positives from each sub together into one of the pos on the amp and then the same with the neg. and connecting both the pos together on the amp with little pieces of wire then doing the same for the neg. and I guess this will give me 4 ohms? And make my subs run the best that they can...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.