Earthquake Sub-zero in mobile enterrainment

4" Xmax means the subwoofer has 8" of linear travel. Since it's in Mobile Entertainment it's not a dipole theater subwoofer (ala Parthanon). This figure is impossible using any conventional spider/surround assembly and would require an enormous motor. I'm guessing that the information within the magazine is flawed due to editors on crack.

I just looked it up on the CES Website. Capable of 3.5" peak to peak travel. Which means its Xmax hovers nicely around 1.25" or thereabouts. So, in closing, I uphold my crack comment previous.

Earthquake Sub Zero 12 inch subwoofer. ($515) "The sub zero houses a "triangular lattice" flaat piston, said to prevent cone distortaion. Its rated to take 600 watts rms, 1200 watts peak, and over 4-inches long-throw excursion." I thought xmax and excursion where the same thing. Whats the difference?

Xmax is one-way linear excursion. The 4" excursion number is a peak to peak figure, based on the maximum distance the sub goes from one direction to the other. Companies tend to use peak-to-peak numbers instead of Xmax because it sounds more powerful, but I think it's fairly shady.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.