ED B series

iceteebone
5,000+ posts

Banned
Michigan
well i finally got my b2's today and hooked them up and i have to say i wasn't impressed. i'm gonna go over my install but these subs really lack spl. my setup is a pg tantrum 1200.1 and 2 b2's in a dual chamber sealed box 1.3 cubes each per sub after sub displacement. they don't get nearly as loud as i expected even in a sealed box. i'm wondering if they need time to break in or what. also my stock alt is stuggling and my interior lights are dimming when i have the door open i haven't even checked headlights but my battery guage is going way down so i'm wondering if my amp isn't getting enough juice therfore a decrease in power. i know a sealed box isn't gonna be as loud but i thought with this power i would have tight bass that pounded in my chest, well i have neither. you don't really feel the bass like i thought it would and it sounds pretty boomy and yes i do listen to rap but when i put in non rap i could barely here the subs at all. i'm gonna try breaking them in some more and putting in a ho alt and a big 3 upgrade and see if that helps but so far i'm not impressed at all but i've been listening to them for about 20 minutes. i'd appreciate it if you guys could maybe help as too why i'm not getting as much spl as i wanted or am i just expecting to much?

that ***** man, i may have to cancel my 2 ed B2 12" series that are on order. is there anyway you can run them in a ported box with with a fully charged because these subs are very under priced, perhaps it was just those subs in particular... I had my whole amp and box and everything all worked out, so quite frankly im hella pissed off the subs lack SPL since I was looking for a really really really loud sub with SQ and very low distortion.

tommorrow i'm gonna go back over the entire install and see if i can find anything wrong. i expected these subs to pound pretty hard and they just don't seem to. i hear people say how they can feel bass pounding in their chest well i don't feel **** with these. don't go giving up on them because i have problems with them.

the b2's are closely related to the o series, if you wanted spl you got the wrong subs. they are meant for complete sq. not to say that all subs arent but the o series and b2's will not get hella loud.

al

the b2's are closely related to the o series, if you wanted spl you got the wrong subs. they are meant for complete sq. not to say that all subs arent but the o series and b2's will not get hella loud.
al

how are they close to the o series, when they have more xmax and can be used for ported applications?

the are comparable to the O... but can be ported and after talkin to Jeremy from eD he has assured me that they will be great sounding driver.

install is like 80-90%//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

even for an sq sub they don't hit. i can't actually feel these subs hitting at all. i don't have much trunk space so i might build a ported box and throw it in the back seat. i'm not looking for a spl monster i at least thought they would hit pretty good. later today i'm gonna go over my wiring but everything seems right. when i look at the subs they are moving pretty good and have some good excursion they aren't loud.

BUILD A PORTED BOX FOR THEM. Give them like 2 cubes each (after all displacement) ported @28hz. Should help them a lot, it even says they are meant for really great low output in ported enclosures. So, i'd recommend porting them...should be happier then. good luck, peace

NG

the problem is i have a tiny ass trunk and my sealed box barely fit. i was thinking of putting a ported box in my backseat. i think they should've been louder even sealed but i'm gonna try ported and sit the box on my backseat and have them fire towards the front of the car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.