Emergent Help Needed! Will this Amp work with these Subs?

lancerx

Hello,

Let me thank you advance for your help.

Here's the deal...I know next to nothing about Audio stuff but one night I was drinking and bought a couple things on Ebay.

I bought this Sub Box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=32823&item=3088679969&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT

I figured this would be a good one because it got some good reviews.

The Subs are DVC.

and this Amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=3089346893&rd=1

This Amp also got some good reviews and I had guessed a 4 channel Amp would work best with DVC Subs (2 channels into each)

Anyways...I take these to Curcuit City to be installed and the guy in the audio section told me I wasted my money...

He said that the Amp would fry up on the first really warm day of the year and the 4 channels were a waste because I would not be able to deliver all the power to the subs and if I tried...the Amp would burn up!

What gives?!!! Is this true?

Thanks in Advance,

Lance

First of all.....you should have bought Dual 2's cause you could have run 400 RMS to them instead of 200, which is your only mistake. That amp will be fine, its got a fan, and Ive had a friend with this amp and 2 12 W3's hooked up to it and it pounded like a mother ****er. Don't worry it'll be fine. He's had that amp for over a year now with no problems. Send those subs back, get Dual 2's, but keep the amp and your all good.

The 4 channels were a waste. You need to run each sub on one channel so you only need a two channel amp. But... since you bought the amp you should get a component set for the front speakers of your car and power them off of your other two channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.