Fade and balance problems on my HU

OzNath
10+ year member

So this is my first post. Im hoping some 1 can help me!!!! I recently installed a new head unit in my car, it's a 2013 Pioneer DEH-X6550BT and it's connected to my 4 channel amp and for some reason my fade option on my headunit is not working, Just to clarify all 4 door speakers work fine if I leave the fade at 0 but If i fade the sound all the way to the rear there's no sound coming through the rear door speakers and if I fade it all the way to the front, the front speakers work but doesn't make them any louder they just sound normal. That's one problem the other is with the balance option if I turn the balance all the way to the right it does the opposite makes all the sound go through left. Hope some 1 can give me some advice, my fade and balance worked fine on my old clarion headunit.

Describe everything you already tried in troubleshooting the problem?

Here is my first guess:

1) HU is configured for SW out instead of 4-channel mode out. Fix this in the HU setup menu. From the user manual...

"FADER is not available when SUB.W/SUB.W is selected in SP-P/O MODE. For details, refer to SP-P/O MODE (rear output and preout set- ting) on page 14."

Or you wired your speakers in the wrong amp output terminals.

You need to make sure your front and rear rca are plug into the correct channels at the amp.

Use your fader and balancer and at the same time touch your speakers wires to the terminals until sound comes out of the correct speaker, do this to get all your speakers wired to the correct channels.

You either mixed up your rca cables, or lost track of which speaker wire was which and wired them to the wrong channels during the install.

Or something is tore up...

Probably the wiring though.

Cheers for the advice I will have a go at it now while I wire my new 1000 rms pioneer sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.