For sale: Arc audio car amplifier 2300 se robert zeff 2 channel signature edition

TNT
10+ year member

Rating: 0%
0 0 0
St.Louis
Item(s) for Sale:

Arc audio 2300 SE

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Amp is in perfect condition brand new, comes with original box. Perfect for the true audiophile music lover.

Specs on amp:

2 channel @ 4 Ohm- 330 watt

2 channel @ 2 ohm- 660 watt

1 channel @ 4 ohm( bridged)- 1300 watt

1 channel @ 2 ohm ( bridged)- 1300 watt

Frequency Response- 4 hz-100 hz

Crossover Range- 30 hz- 500hz

Crossover range X10- 300 hz- 5500 hz

Bass Boost- 0-15 db @ 20 hz-80hz

S/N Ratio- 90 db ( RCA in)

Input Sensitivity ( Low) - .3V-.4V

Input Sensitivity ( Bal) - .4V-.8V

Max Current Draw- 222A @ 1800 watt 20% THD

Idle Current- 1.14 Amp

Fuse- 3x 40 amp

Dimensions- 19.5" ( L) x 8.0 (W) x 2.5 (H)

The Signature Edition amp by Robert Zeff is a high powered, audiophile quality amplifier personally designed by Zeff himself. The design is taken from his many years in the professional car audio field where he repaired, used and built high powered amps over 30 years experience.

The Signature Edition is a Hard Bias Class A/B amp. Class B amp uses 2 output transistors to supply current that moves the speaker. The positive transistor will push woofer out and the negative will push it back. In this design only 1 transistor is working at any given time. The transition between positive and negative that leads to higher distortion that makes Class B amp unacceptable for audio reproduction. A bias circuit is added to a Class B making it a Class A/B. This circuit improves distortion by turning on unused output device while current is flowing across the other. The more bias added the lower distortion but there is a negative effect. Heat is created as 2 output transistors are both on at same time. More bias you add the better it sounds but more heat you produce the heat changes natural bias of output device.

More heat equals more bias until reaching the point over bias and the amp fails. The Signature Edition Bias circuit manages the bias current at any temp. Carefully matching the bias of every amp able to maintain stable bias across temp range allowing to dial in much more bias than a conventional Class A/B amp.

The key to running so much bias is heat management. Signature Edition has heat sink design that uses 4" fan mounted in center of the circuit board to force cool air in a cross flow pattern across massive finned heat sink before exhausting it from ends. This design minimizes the effects of installation location of thermal performance of the amp. Mounted upside down, under or behind a seat or beneath a panel this amp will perform wonderful.

Further improving the dynamics of the amp use stiffly regulated, fully isolated power supplies. Regulation not only improves the damping factor but also overall control of an amp but eliminates any affect of voltage drops in the charging system.

- Audiophile sound quality based design

-Designed by Robert Zeff

-Class A/B switching design

-Microprocessor controlled design

-Microprocessor controlled Code based flashing diagnostics

-Concealed adjustment controls

-Open architecture adjustable crossovers on all channels HP/BP/LP/FP

-12/24Db per octave selectable crossover slopes on all channels

-Internal chassis force cooled speed controlled fan for optimum cooling

-Hi/Low level balanced switchable RCA inputs for max system integration

-RJ45 Ethernet input connections for true balanced input connections

-Block type terminal connections

-256 color user selectable illumination circuit

-Combined bias circuit and temp regulation circuit to regulate bias and lower THD at any point in total thermal cycle

-Microprocessor high voltage power supply allows the amp to optimize power output at different ohm loads without the loss of efficiency or sound quality

-Vdrive based preamp stage improves efficiency lower internal signal loss

-Hand picked output devices used on all SE amps

Price:

Asking $1200/ will consider reasonable offers. Retail was over $2000.00

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Free ship 48 states. I will get you a quote for International shipping

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.