Fosgate amp buzzing possibly blown?

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
well I have a Rockford fosgate t1000.1bd and its under the seat of my truck 1/2 inch off the carpet with a crossflow fan behind it for heat. 2 days ago the subs started making this loud buzzing noise like REALLY loud which had nothing to do with the volume, and im pretty positive its not the subs because I put my head down next to the amplifier and the amp itself is making a lot of weird random buzzing noises and I think that is what the problem is. Before I spend an hour trying to get the amp out because of its tight location, I'd like to see if there is anything that I can do before I take it out to fix my problem...

thank you for your help in advance

I have heard of this before and that its the toroid making the sounds and that you can take and run a bead of silicone along the top of it and let it dry then put the amp cover back on and it will stop.

I have heard of this before and that its the toroid making the sounds and that you can take and run a bead of silicone along the top of it and let it dry then put the amp cover back on and it will stop.
so im for sure going to have to take it out huh?... and do you know what causes this by any chance?---- others are welcome to chime in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I had a t1500bdcp and mine did the same thing. Ran it with the buzzing and it was fine. I wouldnt even bother fixing it.
well I wouldn't mind it if it didn't cause my subs to litteraly growl at me. it wont play at full power and the amp causes the subs to buzz really loud

lol I don't really want to have the chance of messing it up but do you know why the silicone would fix it?
If it were the transformer humming which several fosgate amps were known for then the silicone would help keep the windings from buzzing. Sometimes a simple and gentle twist of the transformer can silence the buzzing as well. If I were adding silicone to help silence the humming I would not put on any more than absolutley necessary as too much could cause it to overheat. I don't believe your entire issue to be a transformer though in this case. Sounds more like maybe a bad rca shield ground if your subs are growling at you.

If it were the transformer humming which several fosgate amps were known for then the silicone would help keep the windings from buzzing. Sometimes a simple and gentle twist of the transformer can silence the buzzing as well. If I were adding silicone to help silence the humming I would not put on any more than absolutley necessary as too much could cause it to overheat. I don't believe your entire issue to be a transformer though in this case. Sounds more like maybe a bad rca shield ground if your subs are growling at you.
come to think of it my input rca's are pretty loose. the outputs are really sturdy but the inputs are a little figity... is there a way I can "tighten" them up if you know what I mean? or am I on the wrong track?

and thank yall for your help

I had a simular issue with an amp I used to use, it was the rca jacks. Mine were rf an they had a little slit in the middle. I used a very small screw driver to widen just a lil, and that helped mine. I hope it's a simple remedy, good luck.

well I took it to a shop today and the guy looked at it really quick and it didn't make ANY FUKIN NOISE... then when I left it started up again... he said something about the noise could be from the amp "recharging" which I didn't understand at all. I guess the best representation of the noise could be that it sounds exactly like a fax machine for about 13 seconds then doesn't do it again for another 5 minutes or more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.