found a good batt deal, thought I'd share

thegreatestpenn
5,000+ posts

lazy genius
columbus
I"m just barely short of having the money for this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, but hey if someone else can pick this up, more power to you. MOds this isn't my auction so please don't delete!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/C-D-Dynasty-UPS-12-350MR-Battery-12Volt-93AH-350Watts_W0QQitemZ280310404447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZNetwork_Power?hash=item280310404447&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

u can't count, its 155 shipped, and they take best offers

edit: I don't know what your shipping quote was, but to ohio its only 30 bux so 125 + 30 is 155 for a batt as big as an hc2000

and Ah is not the same as CCA. the Ah on redtops and yellowtops is generally low, around 50 Ah or less.

$200 for a tiny lead acid UPS battery is a good deal? 93ah?
At Costco I got a Optima yellow top (sealed batt) with 970ah for $189.

I think that's a replacement batt for a UPS for a computer.
That's not the ah of a Yellowtop...more than likely the ca's or cca's. A 970ah batt would literally be 1000 pounds. My 135ah batts weigh 100 pounds...

Ah, okay. I'm misremembering then. Shipping showed $75. I still don't see why it's a good deal on a lead acid batt.
its a sealed lead acid (agm) batt just like kinetik, powermaster, etc. check the Ah of other batts, not many are even close to 90Ah and are generally much more than this batt. It is a good deal, now go sit in the noob chair (j/k)

its a sealed lead acid (agm) batt just like kinetik, powermaster, etc. check the Ah of other batts, not many are even close to 90Ah and are generally much more than this batt. It is a good deal, now go sit in the noob chair (j/k)
bush_dunce.jpg

$200 for a tiny lead acid UPS battery is a good deal? 93ah?
At Costco I got a Optima yellow top (sealed batt) with 970ah for $189.

I think that's a replacement batt for a UPS for a computer.
970aH Battery? o'rly? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

That is one huge ass battery I'm sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Very good battery.

Just because its not a kinetik or stinger doesnt mean it doesnt perfrom like one.

Get 2 of these for the price of 1 kinetik of similar power.

Very good battery.
Just because its not a kinetik or stinger doesnt mean it doesnt perfrom like one.

Get 2 of these for the price of 1 kinetik of similar power.
Now these batteries may not be bad. From the little info in the listing and an unknown brand, it is hard to say.

However, when you tout them as being on par with a proven battery like Kinetik, you come off as an uneducated noob that is just spouting off on a subject you know nothing about.

Tell me some more about the battery listed above. How thick are the plates? What percentage of lead do they use to make the plates? What is the specific gravity of the electrolyte? All of these things need to be known before you can properly evaluate a battery. If you have the answers, please do share.

Now these batteries may not be bad. From the little info in the listing and an unknown brand, it is hard to say.
However, when you tout them as being on par with a proven battery like Kinetik, you come off as an uneducated noob that is just spouting off on a subject you know nothing about.

Tell me some more about the battery listed above. How thick are the plates? What percentage of lead do they use to make the plates? What is the specific gravity of the electrolyte? All of these things need to be known before you can properly evaluate a battery. If you have the answers, please do share.
Although I do not have scientific proof (specific gravity of electrolyte, plate thickness etc.) I do have real world experience. Which seems to be the prefered method.

Ive tested C&D technolgies vs optima and and kinetiks.

Also, if you think C&D technologies is an unknown brand you really need to do more reasearch. C&D technolgies was making batteries for industrial applications since before the owner of Kinetik was born.

I know what youll say next...

Give you a physical copy of my testing.

Well, when I was testing different cells to find the most cost effective battery for my car I never had the intention of proving my opinion to an annonymous person on the internet.

Although I do not have scientific proof (specific gravity of electrolyte, plate thickness etc.) I do have real world experience. Which seems to be the prefered method.
Ive tested C&D technolgies vs optima and and kinetiks.

Also, if you think C&D technologies is an unknown brand you really need to do more reasearch. C&D technolgies was making batteries for industrial applications since before the owner of Kinetik was born.

I know what youll say next...

Give you a physical copy of my testing.

Well, when I was testing different cells to find the most cost effective battery for my car I never had the intention of proving my opinion to an annonymous person on the internet.
I don't need scientific level reporting, just quantify your results in something less vague than better. And honestly, what makes a battery good for "industrial applications" usually would NOT suit it well for most car audio applications. So the fact that C&D is a good industrial (vague statement) battery, may not lend it well to the higher current applications of car audio.

Now if you can tell me that you tested these C&D batteries in a car audio application and the results showed that your battery out performed (SPL or runtime) than the similar rated battery from another manufacturer (like Kinetik), then I would like to see those results.

Also there are different types of car audio usage as well. What works well in a daily driver vehicle may not work well for the SPL competitor. The SPL guys need high current for very short run times, where the daily driver would be better suited with a lower current, longer run time battery.

I am not trying to knock the C&D brand, since I have never used them. It just seems that every day here on CA there is one noob after another touting their brand over others with very little reason, other than it is what I use.

I thought these were trade secrets?
LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Optima says right on their website that they use 99.99% pure lead. That was a secret that they held close to the vest. Every battery company I know claims they use 99%+ pure lead. Not a secret.

Then as far as lead plates, you can see from illustrations on the Optima site that they use very thin plates. Same goes for some other brands. I have seen others like Odyssey, Stinger, and others using thin plate technology as a selling point.

The only thing out of the three that might be a trade secret would be the specific gravity of their electrolyte. That is only measurable by destroying a battery. I have never seen specs posted anywhere from any manufacturer regarding their specific gravity at full charge. It is a meaningful spec to determine the potential lifespan of a given battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.