Found a profile california 1200sx amp. Doesnt work

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a profile california 1200sx amp. Found it in a salvage yard i frequent and gave the guy 5 bucks for it. I hooked it up and no sound comes out of the subs, but the bottom left of the amp gets really hot (where those coil thingys are) but theres no protect lights or power light or anything on it, anyone have a clue about stuff like this? From what i read seems like an OK amp and i might be able to use it in another car if i can figure out whats wrong with it.

Pic of inside

inside5.jpg

i guess it's blow. My power acoustic 2 channel 2 ohm stable was run to testing sake at 1ohm bridged and it start, but no power or protection light. The guy who selled it must have know to sell it that price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif go kill him... or get your five bucks back!

i bought this amp from him:) ..

it was in protect when i powered it up....

the amp ended up having 2 bad transistors in the output side of the amp, so i removed all of the right channels transistors

i powered the amp up ,it now produces sound from the other good channel, but im going to go ahead and rebuild the whole output section of the amp to make it more reliable so i removed all of them off of the board ...i also may add more power supply transistors( it has 4 empty places) and a few capacitors...

parts are going to cost about 30.00 to fix and another 6.00 if i add 4 more transistors to the power supply...

it's not the greatest amp ever made , but it should be able to put out a good 800 watts at 4 ohms. it has 12 125 watt bipolar transistors in the output side of the amp...

its really not a boad loking board. the heatsink is ugly...

ppi467.jpg

ppi468.jpg

ppi469.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.