Freshly installed box and subs..Treo

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I justed got my pair of Treo SS 12.44 installed in a ported box at 38htz. I'm running a Memphis Belle amp on my whole system.

The problem I'm having is that the subs are pretty loud but seem to barely even be moving. I can't figure out where the gain on the sub side of the amp is. I got the bass module turned all the way up, and also the sub control on the radio is all the way up.

I know it can get even louder but I can't seem find where to turn the amp up on the sub side. It is rated at 1100w rms at 1 ohm. My subs are barely moving but is running at 1 ohm right now. They are rated at 500w rms a piece.

Some one help.

ported boxes wont allow your subs to move as muhc as sealed, in msot situations. but anyways, who cares lol, feed them power and enjoy the sound .... how do they sound?

This is just for my information , not trying to ...whatever.....but, i though ported boxes are what gives speaker "more play". Ported boxes are what blow speakers that cant handle it.

Well i take that back......when its ported it just doesn't have any pressure keeping it from hitting coming back to far and messing the coil up/blowing. If its not ported it will come out more but not back in as much............that was a question.

I justed got my pair of Treo SS 12.44 installed in a ported box at 38htz. I'm running a Memphis Belle amp on my whole system.
The problem I'm having is that the subs are pretty loud but seem to barely even be moving. I can't figure out where the gain on the sub side of the amp is. I got the bass module turned all the way up, and also the sub control on the radio is all the way up.

I know it can get even louder but I can't seem find where to turn the amp up on the sub side. It is rated at 1100w rms at 1 ohm. My subs are barely moving but is running at 1 ohm right now. They are rated at 500w rms a piece.

Some one help.
read the manual or find the manual in PDF format online. thats pretty common.

are they not moving at all frequencies played or only a couple? Because at and around the tuning frequency of a box the bass if being produced primarily by the port, not the sub, so it doesnt move that much

The system so far sounds very clean and loud. It just takes some getting use to.

My old system was two 15in HX2's in a huge sealed box. The Treo's sound clean and loud but don't go as low as my old RF HX2 15's, however the Treo's hit hard as hell.

I only had 600-700w rms to the RF's and right now I have 1000-1200 to the Treo SS 12's.

I still don't understand why I have to crank everything up to get the bass to be loud. The subs are only rated at 500w rms, the memphis should be murdering those them.

Did you wire the subs correctly? Sounds like you could be running at a high ohm instead of a low impendance. Just my 2 cents.

-John

Yo just call memphis. They will have no problem helping u out with that. ANd yo is that amp any good I was thinking about purchasing one.

fixed it gain was all the way down. D*** these subs are moving some air... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif

They hit really hard but not as low as my HX2 15's I had in a sealed box.

They are treo's and if you are daily with them they shoudl be tuned down to like 30...maybe less
38 is pretty high for daily..imo
It was what they recommended. Once the box is in the car it probably is more like 32-33htz.

Sealed boxes don't move the speaker one way more than the other. The air in a sealed box is like an extra spyder. It is always trying to go back to its original state. But with a ported box it depends on the resistance of the port to determan how much back pressure there is, like longer the air has to travel the more resistance there is, the smaller the port the more the resistanc. All I can tell you is that you might have the positave and negative wires hooked up wrong making the sub hit its powerful beats backwards. Peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.