German Maestro EV6508

BJG49

Does anyone know how to take the mesh grills off the tweeters for the German Maestro EV6508 components? Not the two bars, but it came in the box with mesh grills on the tweeters, and I know they can be removed, so I can install them in factory locations, behind factory grills, but I can't figure out how to get the grill off the tweeter!

Also has anyone here used, or listened to these components yet?

I know everyone like different brands, so I am just trying to figure this out and not be told, "I have better stuff" etc... you know how these threads can get...

Thanks all!

I dont have experience with them but did you try to unscrew the housing its in? seen a lot of tweeters like this

You will love the Maestros. Beautiful sounding speakers. Be careful and tune your tweeters carefully and don't send them clipped signals or anything like that. I have been hearing lately that some dealers have been having some issues with a lot of people blowing or running into issues with the tweeters.

interesting... thanks for your input. I haven't installed them yet, but they sure look pretty... I am not an spl guy at all... total sq, so I am pretty careful.... But, I would have to say that even back in the good MB days, those tweeters also had issues sometimes... even when everything was done right.

I am interested to see how they compare to my old stuff... but, man it's been a long time!

Definitely try to mount them on axis also. I didnt care to much for them off axis but they are awesome when on axis. You can still hear all the small details but they lack a "fullness" or just something. Can't say exactly. But I recommend to hook them up to power them on first so you can listen to them on and off before you fully install them to try to get an idea of the different sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.