GM gauge issues

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
When I put my turn signal on and slow down to turn, my gauges sometimes go to 0 and turn off, then everything resets and the battery light comes on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'm assuming that a wire for the turn signal is shorting out behind my dash.

Any other ideas as to what could be the problem?

Idk my whole gauge cluster would shut off when the bass hit real crazy.. Took it to the local Larrys eletric auto and fixed it for like $90... I'm sure if you have a good auto eletric place where you live they will figure out what's wrong and fix it for around $100-150

Yeah, usually happens when I'm bumping hard, which is why I figured there was a connection loose or a wire shorting out.

Is anything being damaged when it turns off and resets? If not, I won't mess with it for $100+

I drove without any gauges in my car for a while, lol. Just slowed down when I saw cops and filled up the tank once a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.