good sounding enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list
It depends on what you consider good sounding and what you want out of the setup. It also depends on the vehicle. Building to manufacturer's specs is not always a good idea since they know nothing about these two very important factors.

i have a 98 extra cab ford f150. i want the enclosure to be loud and still sound pretty good. i just want to experiment with new enclosures for the sub.

See, saying "loud" and "sounding good" are not things that will get you help. Do you want loud at 25hz or loud at 50hz? Do you want something that just gets loud on a meter or loud to the ear? Hair tricks?

You have to be specific. If you don't know frequencies well, list some songs that have basslines you would like to be very loud. That will give people an idea about what you want and it will help them give that to you.

i dont know much about frequencies but i like low hard hitting bass. i like it when it is loud to the ears. i dont have a meter so i dont really care about that. i have a jbl 1201.1 amp with a kenwood HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.