Harrison Labs Amplifiers

dflock
10+ year member

Any one use(d) or seen these amplifiers? I am looking into them because of their unique build, spacial reasons and asthetics. Here is a link to the website, http://www.hlabs.com

Supposably pretty efficient amps(over 90%), which is what I am looking for due to a crappy alternator. Looking towards the 800 watt mono amp for a 12" Adire Brahma. And then the 400.2 for CDT EuroSport Components.

Any infomation regarding these amps will be appreciated, they most likely are not commonly used, but thought some one around here might have some experience with the company.

Thanks,

Derek

Hooking up a few wires to a potato and praying you get power would likely be a better option.
Complete Crap.

Any particular reason for this view? or just a random, pointless attempt at wasting 1 minute of your time?

Any particular reason for this view? or just a random, pointless attempt at wasting 1 minute of your time?
May as well waste some more time and throw in a few more pics of the Hlabs Amp Circuitry.

22.jpg

21.jpg

18.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

Yes, random and pointless.

The Potato would still be my recommendation.

That is the most god-awful cluster of spaghetti wiring I have ever seen. I actually laughed when I saw those pictures. Not too high tech looking, that's for sure. Looks hand done, in fact. Double sided boards as opposed to the 4 layer typical of most amps these days. Tiny footprint dictating shoehorning all those caps like that. Definitely not going to win any beauty contests.

zane- You test it? What did you find?

wow... they do look like complete junk in the inside... I should have taken a guess after checking out the website.

Thanks for the links.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.