Head Unit Question

mitchel022
10+ year member

God's Son
I own a Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit. When i put my music up pretty loud and the subs hit often my cd skips. I know its not the cd becuz if i play it low then it doesnt skip. So i figure its the bass. Is there any thing i can do for the few weeks i have the head unit to prevent this from happening. Until i get rid of this piece of sh*t. And i know not play it loud besides that i mean.

You have one of 2 problems, either the cd player is faced with a low voltage situation and is turning off (which I really and highly doubt) or your subs are interfering with the resonant frequency of the laser sled (which is much more likely). Most cd player laser sleds resonate from 50-80 hz and a powerfull bass note in this area may excite the laser sled causing the skip. The acoustic wave of the subs are causing the laser transport to vibrate is what this traslates to. This is not an uncommon problem at all, many brands are faced with this issue. Your cd player is working fine, it is just not going to be compatible with the output capabilities of your subs. I would recommend an Eclipse with a laser sled that resonates at 19.7 hz, well into the subharmonics that is beyond the capabilities of most sub systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.