HELP! Can't connect iPhone 4/iPod to Kenwood KVT-815DVD. GOOD GOD WHY ME!

zerocarpileup
10+ year member

The Birds The Word!!!!!!!
So I have a kenwood kvt815 DVD in my impala and I can't seem to find the right kenwood wire to make it work. I'm my other tuck I have a kenwood ddx714 and the iPhone 4 works fine with kca-ip301. I tried the 301 and now the 302 in the impala and still nothing. All I get now is the phone to charge but doesn't trigger iPhone to go to iPod mode. At all. Just says disconnected. What gives? According to the kenwood site they say there is no wire for it in their search. Is this a wash and is there no way around this? Will I need a another module?

Don't know then. I was having problems with my Kenwood not reading my jailbroken iPhone my with wife non-jailbroken iPhone worked fine. I restored it to normal and it worked fine. Also, take a piece of cloth, something that doesn't have lint, wet it with alcohol and try cleaning the inside of the connection on the phone. Also do the same on the cable. sometimes little pieces of debris can get in it and cause issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.