Help me get louder

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
I have two Magnum D2 12s in a vented box. My box is tuned to around 29hz. I know that is really low for SPL but i really love hearing all the bass notes. I had a box tuned higher before i built my own, and it wasnt hitting all the notes like i wanted it too. The other day i hit 142.8db with my current setup (check sig) I know i can get louder than that. If i built another box and tuned it higher, would I have to sacrifice all my bass notes? If so then i just might build this box strickly for comps. And by upgrading the "BIG 3" will u hear an audible difference? Im going to do it anywayz, just want to know can i hear a difference by ear. Basically, i just want all your opinions on how to make me get louder. I want to get the most out of my mags. Right now they are awesome, but i know there is always room for improvement

You won't hear any difference by upgrading the big 3.
Well in my experience I heard a huge audible difference when I upgraded my alt from 100A to 160A and added two yellow tops. I wouldnt think if your running a 1000-1500w amp you wouldnt hear that much of a gain though. An electrical system that supports your amplifiers needs is definately 100% going to be better than one that doesnt.

If you can sway boxes in and out, build one for spl tuned to like 45-50hz. Or you can even build a box where you can swap the ports in and out. You can always build the box to a larger volume and tune it the same. You should start off by figuring out what the car likes and the res. frequency, that was my biggest hurdle. Moving the box around in the trunk or wherever it may be can yield a couple tenths.

Well in my experience I heard a huge audible difference when I upgraded my alt from 100A to 160A and added two yellow tops.
Yea you would if you did all that. However not if you just upgraded your 3 main electrical system wires under the hood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.