help, they sent the wrong (but better) amp

plyhammer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ohio
Help, bought an amp on line. It was a 1200 watt at 1 ohm audiobahn amp. I got a a1500hcx amp in the mail. This amp is worth more but I don't know if I can use it. It has the wiring options in the booklet and everything is a dual 6 ohm settup. I already have a pair of a1000q audiobahn subs that are dual 4 ohm. I was all ready to run the two subs together mono and go. What can I do?

I maybe wrong but I always thought amps would "see" what ever ohm load you give them. I don't think you really have a problem. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will let you and me both know...

AJ

I maybe wrong but I always thought amps would "see" what ever ohm load you give them. I don't think you really have a problem. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will let you and me both know...AJ
The amp has to be able to handle what ohm load you have. I'm assuming that is a mono amp so your wiring options for 2 DVC 4 ohm subs would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Something with your amp should list what kind of power it does at certain ohm loads.

yeah, it says 2000 watt x 1 @ 1 ohm. the subs would be wired to 1 ohm. They will be wired parallel and they are 600 rms each so they will take 1200 watts. Is the amp going to be too much for them?

yeah, it says 2000 watt x 1 @ 1 ohm. the subs would be wired to 1 ohm. They will be wired parallel and they are 600 rms each so they will take 1200 watts. Is the amp going to be too much for them?
Better to have more power than not enough. Just make sure to turn the gains down somewhat on the amp. At least the amp will work for you.

400 over might be too much. what does the amp put out at 4 ohms? you could wire the subs inseries for a 4 ohm load.

Wire it to 1 ohm, just keep the gains at a sane level. You won't blow them if you are even the least bit careful. They won't be seeing the extra power if the gain is down. You're set, you lucked out, go buy a lottery ticket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The amp has to be able to handle what ohm load you have. I'm assuming that is a mono amp so your wiring options for 2 DVC 4 ohm subs would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Something with your amp should list what kind of power it does at certain ohm loads.
I had already went to a online store to check as to weather or not it was 1 ohm stable.

sell2all off of ebay. They state in their adds they will do that if they don't have the one you order. I paid 219 after shipping and got one that they have online for like 280. wahoo

might want to consider returning the amp (what if you run into pblms with it next month - u're stuck b/c u don't the right amp and warranty will be lost - CONSIDER THAT!)!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.