MTX Thunder 282 2 x 140 @ 2 ohms

Soundstream 3002 2 x 150 @ 2 ohms

These are all RMS specs.

I will be running 2 RE8s.

RE8 specs for each:

Single 2 ohm

175W RMS

250 Max

I know there are better amps, but if you had to pick from these.

Thanks for all your help!!

Come on, any personal preferences? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

My personal preferance: Rockford. Out of all the amps I've looked at, Rockford seems to give the best bang-for-your-buck. Planning on getting a 4-channel model for my truck. Don't think I would go with the Visonik though; my uncle (car stereo installer for 20 years) advised me to never get an amp that's stronger than your speakers can take; you crank the SPL too much and the speakers could get fried. Something in the 150-170 range should drive them nicely.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

MTX Thunder 282 2 x 140 @ 2 ohms

Rockford 301S 2 x 150 @ 2 ohms

Kicker 300.2 2 x 150 @ 2 ohms

Don't think I would go with the Visonik though; my uncle (car stereo installer for 20 years) advised me to never get an amp that's stronger than your speakers can take; you crank the SPL too much and the speakers could get fried. Something in the 150-170 range should drive them nicely.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Crank the SPL???? Uhh, i'd get the bigger Visonik amp just so you have some headroom with the subs. Remember, you have to match your amp gains to the headunit preout voltage, so after everything is all said and done, you'll be better off getting MORE power than you need, rather than trying to use a smaller amp and crank the gains up. I'd rather have a bigger amp.

Crank the SPL???? Uhh, i'd get the bigger Visonik amp just so you have some headroom with the subs. Remember, you have to match your amp gains to the headunit preout voltage, so after everything is all said and done, you'll be better off getting MORE power than you need, rather than trying to use a smaller amp and crank the gains up. I'd rather have a bigger amp.

That makes a lot of sense. Same thinking with tweeters going over 20,000 Hz. So they sound smooth at 20,000 and not straining at its limits to play good.

Have you heard of any problems with fan noise on the Visonik?

MTX Thunder 282 2 x 140 @ 2 ohmsRockford 301S 2 x 150 @ 2 ohms

Kicker 300.2 2 x 150 @ 2 ohms

I'm surprised to see you put Soundstream at the bottom. Any reason? Any comment about Visonik?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.